Marilyn Monroe's Photos Stolen in Prague
Publicist Alice Titzova of PR agency 2media has announced that several photos of Marilyn Monroe which were planned to be featured in an exhibition in Prague Castle were stolen on Monday, May 20, just a few days before the exhibition date. Mannequins and display cases which would be featured in the event are missing too.
The exhibition will be held in the European country starting from May 30 to mark the 50th death anniversary of the actress. Monroe's belongings such as shoes, clothes, photos and diaries were collected in Salvatore Ferragamo museum in Florence, Italy, before being exhibited.
Curator Jan Trestik told Reuters that the truck carrying the photographs and mannequins was raided in a suspected coordinated attack in central Czech Republic. Spokesman for Prague Castle David Sebek said that most of the actress' memorabilia, including dresses, already arrived safely. Authorities are investigating the robbery. Further details about the case are not available.
Internet users wrote their comments about the alleged theft. "How those weren't guarded better, I can't figure out. I would never have let them out of my sight when they were on the move for an exhibition. I mean, c'mon, we're talking Marilyn Monroe here! What a loss," a person wrote. A Twitter user commented, "I thought this only happened in movies!"
So far, there is no word whether the Prague exhibition will carry on as scheduled or will be delayed. After Prague, the event will head to Tokyo.
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic