Robin Roberts to Write Memoir About Her Health Struggle
Robin Roberts (II) has landed a new book deal with Grand Central Publishing. The "Good Morning America" host will write about her struggle with a rare blood and bone marrow disease. She is scheduled to release the tome in April 2014.
"I am humbled that many have an interest, and draw strength from my on-going journey," she gushes. "I'm grateful for the prayers and well wishes of so many people. I'm thrilled that Jamie Raab and Grand Central Publishing will help me tell my story."
Roberts temporarily left her "GMA" anchor seat for nearly six months to undergo treatment for Myelodysplastic syndromes. She returned to work at ABC in February this year, after undergoing a successful bone marrow transplant.
This is not Roberts' first book. In 2007, the anchor who's also a breast cancer survivor published "From the Heart: 7 Rules to Live By", which later became a New York Times bestseller.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding