Robin Roberts to Write Memoir About Her Health Struggle
Robin Roberts (II) has landed a new book deal with Grand Central Publishing. The "Good Morning America" host will write about her struggle with a rare blood and bone marrow disease. She is scheduled to release the tome in April 2014.
"I am humbled that many have an interest, and draw strength from my on-going journey," she gushes. "I'm grateful for the prayers and well wishes of so many people. I'm thrilled that Jamie Raab and Grand Central Publishing will help me tell my story."
Roberts temporarily left her "GMA" anchor seat for nearly six months to undergo treatment for Myelodysplastic syndromes. She returned to work at ABC in February this year, after undergoing a successful bone marrow transplant.
This is not Roberts' first book. In 2007, the anchor who's also a breast cancer survivor published "From the Heart: 7 Rules to Live By", which later became a New York Times bestseller.
- DJ Snake Unveils Snippet of Selena Gomez's Version of 'Let Me Love You'
- Britney Spears Calls James Corden 'So Dirty' in Sneak Peek of Their Carpool Karaoke
- Blac Chyna Sued Over Car Crash Caused by Her Friend
- Tyga Ordered to Pay Another Former Landlord $186,000 for Damages
- Avril Lavigne's New Album Is on the Way
- Bella Thorne Comes Out as Bisexual After Photo of Her Kissing Another Woman Emerged
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'