Robin Roberts to Write Memoir About Her Health Struggle
Robin Roberts (II) has landed a new book deal with Grand Central Publishing. The "Good Morning America" host will write about her struggle with a rare blood and bone marrow disease. She is scheduled to release the tome in April 2014.
"I am humbled that many have an interest, and draw strength from my on-going journey," she gushes. "I'm grateful for the prayers and well wishes of so many people. I'm thrilled that Jamie Raab and Grand Central Publishing will help me tell my story."
Roberts temporarily left her "GMA" anchor seat for nearly six months to undergo treatment for Myelodysplastic syndromes. She returned to work at ABC in February this year, after undergoing a successful bone marrow transplant.
This is not Roberts' first book. In 2007, the anchor who's also a breast cancer survivor published "From the Heart: 7 Rules to Live By", which later became a New York Times bestseller.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival