Robin Roberts to Write Memoir About Her Health Struggle
Robin Roberts (II) has landed a new book deal with Grand Central Publishing. The "Good Morning America" host will write about her struggle with a rare blood and bone marrow disease. She is scheduled to release the tome in April 2014.
"I am humbled that many have an interest, and draw strength from my on-going journey," she gushes. "I'm grateful for the prayers and well wishes of so many people. I'm thrilled that Jamie Raab and Grand Central Publishing will help me tell my story."
Roberts temporarily left her "GMA" anchor seat for nearly six months to undergo treatment for Myelodysplastic syndromes. She returned to work at ABC in February this year, after undergoing a successful bone marrow transplant.
This is not Roberts' first book. In 2007, the anchor who's also a breast cancer survivor published "From the Heart: 7 Rules to Live By", which later became a New York Times bestseller.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!