Robin Roberts to Write Memoir About Her Health Struggle
Robin Roberts (II) has landed a new book deal with Grand Central Publishing. The "Good Morning America" host will write about her struggle with a rare blood and bone marrow disease. She is scheduled to release the tome in April 2014.
"I am humbled that many have an interest, and draw strength from my on-going journey," she gushes. "I'm grateful for the prayers and well wishes of so many people. I'm thrilled that Jamie Raab and Grand Central Publishing will help me tell my story."
Roberts temporarily left her "GMA" anchor seat for nearly six months to undergo treatment for Myelodysplastic syndromes. She returned to work at ABC in February this year, after undergoing a successful bone marrow transplant.
This is not Roberts' first book. In 2007, the anchor who's also a breast cancer survivor published "From the Heart: 7 Rules to Live By", which later became a New York Times bestseller.
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her