Blake Shelton Throwing All-Star Benefit Concert for Oklahoma Tornado Victims
Country music superstar and Ada, Oklahoma-born Blake Shelton is using his celebrity status and connections to help the tornado victims from neighboring city, Moore, Oklahoma. The 36-year-old singer is putting together a benefit concert that will raise funds for those badly-hit by the recent disaster.
"We'll know more about it in the next 24 hours," Shelton said about the concert which would most likely feature Shelton's wife, country songstress Miranda Lambert and other celebrity friends like his fellow mentors on "The Voice", Adam Levine and Shakira. "I'm hoping it will raise a lot of money. Obviously, it will be televised and will happen really quickly," he said.
Shelton was said to have called on NBC, which broadcasts "The Voice", for the telecast of the fundraising efforts, as well as current "Voice" season coach, pop/R'n'B superstar Usher to lend his talent and star power to the show. "I can call in some really big favors," the "Sure Be Cool If You Did" singer revealed unabashedly, willing to pull out all the stops to raise as much funds to help the folks of Moore recover from the devastation caused by the tornado that hit them earlier this week.
As early as Tuesday's "Voice" episode, Shelton brought in his spouse Lambert for the emotional opening number honoring the victims of the devastating tornado. The couple did a duet of the ballad "Over You" which they wrote about Shelton's older brother who died in a car accident.
More Blake Shelton News
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...
- Check Out Details of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's 'Intimate' Dinner in Nashville