Blake Shelton Throwing All-Star Benefit Concert for Oklahoma Tornado Victims
Country music superstar and Ada, Oklahoma-born Blake Shelton is using his celebrity status and connections to help the tornado victims from neighboring city, Moore, Oklahoma. The 36-year-old singer is putting together a benefit concert that will raise funds for those badly-hit by the recent disaster.
"We'll know more about it in the next 24 hours," Shelton said about the concert which would most likely feature Shelton's wife, country songstress Miranda Lambert and other celebrity friends like his fellow mentors on "The Voice", Adam Levine and Shakira. "I'm hoping it will raise a lot of money. Obviously, it will be televised and will happen really quickly," he said.
Shelton was said to have called on NBC, which broadcasts "The Voice", for the telecast of the fundraising efforts, as well as current "Voice" season coach, pop/R'n'B superstar Usher to lend his talent and star power to the show. "I can call in some really big favors," the "Sure Be Cool If You Did" singer revealed unabashedly, willing to pull out all the stops to raise as much funds to help the folks of Moore recover from the devastation caused by the tornado that hit them earlier this week.
As early as Tuesday's "Voice" episode, Shelton brought in his spouse Lambert for the emotional opening number honoring the victims of the devastating tornado. The couple did a duet of the ballad "Over You" which they wrote about Shelton's older brother who died in a car accident.
More Blake Shelton News
- Bella Hadid and Justin Bieber Accuse Selena Gomez of Using The Weeknd for Promotion
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video