Blake Shelton Throwing All-Star Benefit Concert for Oklahoma Tornado Victims
Country music superstar and Ada, Oklahoma-born Blake Shelton is using his celebrity status and connections to help the tornado victims from neighboring city, Moore, Oklahoma. The 36-year-old singer is putting together a benefit concert that will raise funds for those badly-hit by the recent disaster.
"We'll know more about it in the next 24 hours," Shelton said about the concert which would most likely feature Shelton's wife, country songstress Miranda Lambert and other celebrity friends like his fellow mentors on "The Voice", Adam Levine and Shakira. "I'm hoping it will raise a lot of money. Obviously, it will be televised and will happen really quickly," he said.
Shelton was said to have called on NBC, which broadcasts "The Voice", for the telecast of the fundraising efforts, as well as current "Voice" season coach, pop/R'n'B superstar Usher to lend his talent and star power to the show. "I can call in some really big favors," the "Sure Be Cool If You Did" singer revealed unabashedly, willing to pull out all the stops to raise as much funds to help the folks of Moore recover from the devastation caused by the tornado that hit them earlier this week.
As early as Tuesday's "Voice" episode, Shelton brought in his spouse Lambert for the emotional opening number honoring the victims of the devastating tornado. The couple did a duet of the ballad "Over You" which they wrote about Shelton's older brother who died in a car accident.
More Blake Shelton News
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service