Beyonce Knowles, Angelina Jolie and Oprah Winfrey Among Forbes' Most Powerful Women
Forbes reveals their annual list of World's Most Powerful Women. Beyonce Knowles and Angelina Jolie make the cut, being grouped as "the new celebrity role models." They join frequent occupant on the list like Oprah Winfrey and Hillary Clinton.
Queen Bey sits at the 17th place, four slots under former daytime TV queen Oprah who falls a little from No. 11 last year. Angie, who was recently lauded for going public with her double mastectomy, is recognized for her charity works with the U.N. She lands at No. 37.
Colombian singer Shakira and supermodel Gisele Bundchen enter the list at No. 52 and 95 respectively; also thanks to their tireless effort with the U.N. "Modern Family" actress Sofia Vergara joins the list at No. 38.
Taking the most coveted No. 1 spot is German Chancellor Angela Merkel. She has made the list eight times over the past 10 years and topped it seven times. Also on the top 5 list is former Secretary of State Hillary at No. 4 and First Lady Michelle Obama at No. 4.
Full list of the 100 women who represent agents of change in the world can be obtained on Forbes.com.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'