Beyonce Knowles, Angelina Jolie and Oprah Winfrey Among Forbes' Most Powerful Women
Forbes reveals their annual list of World's Most Powerful Women. Beyonce Knowles and Angelina Jolie make the cut, being grouped as "the new celebrity role models." They join frequent occupant on the list like Oprah Winfrey and Hillary Clinton.
Queen Bey sits at the 17th place, four slots under former daytime TV queen Oprah who falls a little from No. 11 last year. Angie, who was recently lauded for going public with her double mastectomy, is recognized for her charity works with the U.N. She lands at No. 37.
Colombian singer Shakira and supermodel Gisele Bundchen enter the list at No. 52 and 95 respectively; also thanks to their tireless effort with the U.N. "Modern Family" actress Sofia Vergara joins the list at No. 38.
Taking the most coveted No. 1 spot is German Chancellor Angela Merkel. She has made the list eight times over the past 10 years and topped it seven times. Also on the top 5 list is former Secretary of State Hillary at No. 4 and First Lady Michelle Obama at No. 4.
Full list of the 100 women who represent agents of change in the world can be obtained on Forbes.com.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Silver Sable and Black Cat Movie Rumored to Have Spider-Woman
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'