'Bad Teacher' Gets Series Order From CBS
"Bad Teacher" is coming to CBS. The network has given a series order to the new single-camera comedy based on the 2011 film of the same title which starred Cameron Diaz as a foul-mouthed teacher.
Taking the role of the titular teacher is "The Sopranos" and "Fringe" alumna Ari Graynor. Her character is described as "an always inappropriate, fearless and unapologetic former trophy wife who masquerades as a teacher in order to find a new man after her wealthy husband leaves her penniless." Kristin Davis and Sara Gilbert are also among the cast.
The new sitcom is slated to premiere in the 2013-14 midseason, joining "Friends with Better Lives" and "Reckless" which are also saved by the network for a later debut in the coming season. Hilary Winston ("Happy Endings", "Community") teams up with Gene Stupnitsky and Lee Eisenberg, who penned the screenplay of the hit comedy film, to executive produce the new sitcom.
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'