'Bad Teacher' Gets Series Order From CBS
"Bad Teacher" is coming to CBS. The network has given a series order to the new single-camera comedy based on the 2011 film of the same title which starred Cameron Diaz as a foul-mouthed teacher.
Taking the role of the titular teacher is "The Sopranos" and "Fringe" alumna Ari Graynor. Her character is described as "an always inappropriate, fearless and unapologetic former trophy wife who masquerades as a teacher in order to find a new man after her wealthy husband leaves her penniless." Kristin Davis and Sara Gilbert are also among the cast.
The new sitcom is slated to premiere in the 2013-14 midseason, joining "Friends with Better Lives" and "Reckless" which are also saved by the network for a later debut in the coming season. Hilary Winston ("Happy Endings", "Community") teams up with Gene Stupnitsky and Lee Eisenberg, who penned the screenplay of the hit comedy film, to executive produce the new sitcom.
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic