'Bad Teacher' Gets Series Order From CBS
"Bad Teacher" is coming to CBS. The network has given a series order to the new single-camera comedy based on the 2011 film of the same title which starred Cameron Diaz as a foul-mouthed teacher.
Taking the role of the titular teacher is "The Sopranos" and "Fringe" alumna Ari Graynor. Her character is described as "an always inappropriate, fearless and unapologetic former trophy wife who masquerades as a teacher in order to find a new man after her wealthy husband leaves her penniless." Kristin Davis and Sara Gilbert are also among the cast.
The new sitcom is slated to premiere in the 2013-14 midseason, joining "Friends with Better Lives" and "Reckless" which are also saved by the network for a later debut in the coming season. Hilary Winston ("Happy Endings", "Community") teams up with Gene Stupnitsky and Lee Eisenberg, who penned the screenplay of the hit comedy film, to executive produce the new sitcom.
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia