'Bad Teacher' Gets Series Order From CBS
"Bad Teacher" is coming to CBS. The network has given a series order to the new single-camera comedy based on the 2011 film of the same title which starred Cameron Diaz as a foul-mouthed teacher.
Taking the role of the titular teacher is "The Sopranos" and "Fringe" alumna Ari Graynor. Her character is described as "an always inappropriate, fearless and unapologetic former trophy wife who masquerades as a teacher in order to find a new man after her wealthy husband leaves her penniless." Kristin Davis and Sara Gilbert are also among the cast.
The new sitcom is slated to premiere in the 2013-14 midseason, joining "Friends with Better Lives" and "Reckless" which are also saved by the network for a later debut in the coming season. Hilary Winston ("Happy Endings", "Community") teams up with Gene Stupnitsky and Lee Eisenberg, who penned the screenplay of the hit comedy film, to executive produce the new sitcom.
- Kate Winslet Opens Up About Being Fat-Shamed as a Child: 'They Called Me Blubber'
- Justin Bieber and Koutney Kardashian Secretly Hooking Up in 'Love Nest'
- First Possible 'Marvel's Defenders' Art Promo and Logo Arrive Online
- Baby Before Marriage? Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Reportedly Expecting Their First Child
- 'DWTS' Pair Sharna Burgess and Bonner Bolton Fuel Dating Rumors With Flirty Night Out
- Meet Anthony Hopkins' Sidekick in New 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Motion Posters
- Kevin Hart Creates Dimwitted Superhero in First Trailer for 'Captain Underpants'
- Drake Getting Sade's Face Tattooed on His Rib Amid Dating Rumors