CBS Overthrows FOX to Win 2012-2013 TV Season in Adults Demo
With only days left in the season, CBS has declared itself the winner of the 2012-2013 season in all key ratings categories. The network is poised to become the most-watched and highest-rated of the broadcast networks, marking the first time since 1991 it wins in rating among adults 18-49.
CBS averaged 11.85 million viewers, up 1% from last year. The network has led the broadcast field among total viewers in the past 11 years. In the key demo, the Eye averaged a 2.9 rating or down 3% from last season.
With such numbers, CBS overthrows FOX which ruled the coveted adults demographic for the last eight consecutive seasons. FOX now drops to the second place with an average 2.5 rating, posting the biggest decline (22%) among other broadcast networks from last season. In total viewers, the network falls to the third place with a 20% decline (7.05 million viewers).
NBC finishes third in adults 18-49 with an average 2.4 rating, while ABC places fourth with an average 2.2 rating. The Alphabet, however, secures the runner-up place, total viewers wise, averaging 7.8 million audience with a 6% decline. NBC ended the season with an average 6.96 million total viewers.
More CBS News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked