CBS Overthrows FOX to Win 2012-2013 TV Season in Adults Demo
With only days left in the season, CBS has declared itself the winner of the 2012-2013 season in all key ratings categories. The network is poised to become the most-watched and highest-rated of the broadcast networks, marking the first time since 1991 it wins in rating among adults 18-49.
CBS averaged 11.85 million viewers, up 1% from last year. The network has led the broadcast field among total viewers in the past 11 years. In the key demo, the Eye averaged a 2.9 rating or down 3% from last season.
With such numbers, CBS overthrows FOX which ruled the coveted adults demographic for the last eight consecutive seasons. FOX now drops to the second place with an average 2.5 rating, posting the biggest decline (22%) among other broadcast networks from last season. In total viewers, the network falls to the third place with a 20% decline (7.05 million viewers).
NBC finishes third in adults 18-49 with an average 2.4 rating, while ABC places fourth with an average 2.2 rating. The Alphabet, however, secures the runner-up place, total viewers wise, averaging 7.8 million audience with a 6% decline. NBC ended the season with an average 6.96 million total viewers.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie