Armie Hammer Goes Zorro in New Trailer for 'The Lone Ranger'
A new trailer for Walt Disney Pictures' upcoming film "The Lone Ranger" has made its way out online via Apple. Boasting new cool action scenes featuring leading men Armie Hammer and Johnny Depp, the video briefly previews Hammer striking a heroic pose a la Zorro with his white horse rearing up and his hat raised high.
From director Gore Verbinski, the upcoming film sees an American Indian spirit warrior named Tonto (Depp), who recounts the untold tales that transformed John Reid (Hammer), a man of the law, into a legend of justice. The two unlikely heroes must learn to work together and fight against greed and corruption.
Co-produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, the film was set in many locations, such as Monument Valley and Moab in Utah; Creede, Colorado; and Four Corners, Arizona. Hammer once shared his experience while filming this pic. "It was 125 degrees some days when we were shooting. I'm wearing that three-piece wool suit the entire time," the actor told The Wall Street Journal.
"But it was the most fun I've ever had, running around shooting guns, riding horses, throwing lassoes. Being a cowboy. Who doesn't love that?" added Hammer, who landed his first big role in the film.
Also featuring Helena Bonham Carter as Red Harrington, the Western-set film is slated to hit U.S. theaters on July 3.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7