Armie Hammer Goes Zorro in New Trailer for 'The Lone Ranger'
A new trailer for Walt Disney Pictures' upcoming film "The Lone Ranger" has made its way out online via Apple. Boasting new cool action scenes featuring leading men Armie Hammer and Johnny Depp, the video briefly previews Hammer striking a heroic pose a la Zorro with his white horse rearing up and his hat raised high.
From director Gore Verbinski, the upcoming film sees an American Indian spirit warrior named Tonto (Depp), who recounts the untold tales that transformed John Reid (Hammer), a man of the law, into a legend of justice. The two unlikely heroes must learn to work together and fight against greed and corruption.
Co-produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, the film was set in many locations, such as Monument Valley and Moab in Utah; Creede, Colorado; and Four Corners, Arizona. Hammer once shared his experience while filming this pic. "It was 125 degrees some days when we were shooting. I'm wearing that three-piece wool suit the entire time," the actor told The Wall Street Journal.
"But it was the most fun I've ever had, running around shooting guns, riding horses, throwing lassoes. Being a cowboy. Who doesn't love that?" added Hammer, who landed his first big role in the film.
Also featuring Helena Bonham Carter as Red Harrington, the Western-set film is slated to hit U.S. theaters on July 3.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics