New 'Man of Steel' Trailer Serves as General Zod's Threatening Message
A recently-debuted trailer for highly-anticipated "Man of Steel" sees the world at stake as General Zod sends a threatening message to all Earth people. "Your world has sheltered one of my citizens ... To those of you who know his location, the fate of your planet rests in your hands," so the supervillain says, demanding to capture Superman.
Director Zack Snyder takes charge of the film, which follows Clark Kent struggling with the ultimate question - Why am I here? Shaped by the values of his adoptive parents Martha and Jonathan Kent, Clark soon discovers that having super abilities means making very difficult decisions. But when the world needs stability the most, it comes under attack.
Henry Cavill is introduced as the red cape-donning hero with Amy Adams playing his love interest Lois Lane. Michael Shannon lands a role as the General Zod, the one who will be a big hurdle for the Man of Steel in the film.
In an interview with Sun-Times, Shannon revealed that his version of the character was far different to the one Terrence Stamp did in "Superman II". "I love what Terrence did. He was the malevolent source of rage. Our director Zack [Snyder] asked me to make Zod less like a villain and more like a general. He's trying to protect the place where he rules," he said.
Shannon then added, "There are a lot of generals on Earth who are responsible for the killing of a great number of people. They're trying to preserve something. So, he's not bloodthirsty, raging Zod."
"Man of Steel" will arrive in theaters across the United States on June 14.
More Man of Steel News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris