Shia LaBeouf and Co-Stars in 'Nymphomaniac' Will Get Their Body Doubles for Sex Scenes
It has already been revealed that Lars von Trier's upcoming drama "Nymphomaniac will have steamy sex scenes featuring Shia LaBeouf, Uma Thurman and their co-stars. However, producer Louise Vesth makes it clear that none of those stars will literally do such daring scenes as they will have their body doubles do the hard-core sex instead.
"We shot the actors pretending to have sex and then had the body doubles, who really did have sex, and in post we will digital-impose the two," Vesth confirms the news to The Hollywood Reporter at Cannes Festival. "So above the waist it will be the star and the below the waist it will be the doubles."
Besides the revelation about the sex stunts for the cast, Vesth adds that von Trier will use experimental graphic elements in the upcoming erotic film. With double exposures and imposing words and symbols over the action, the film utilizes a technique that is said to be "groundbreaking."
Previously, LaBeouf spoke to MTV News about the sex scenes in the film. "There's a disclaimer at the top of the script that basically says, we're doing [the sex] for real," the 26-year-old star revealed. "And anything that is 'illegal' will be shot in blurred images. But other than that, everything is happening."
Revolving around a self-diagnosed nymphomaniac who's found beaten in an alley and then recalls for her rescuer the story of her life, the film will be made in two versions, the explicit version and the tame one. Stellan Skarsgard and Christian Slater are among the star-studded cast.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story