Shia LaBeouf and Co-Stars in 'Nymphomaniac' Will Get Their Body Doubles for Sex Scenes
It has already been revealed that Lars von Trier's upcoming drama "Nymphomaniac will have steamy sex scenes featuring Shia LaBeouf, Uma Thurman and their co-stars. However, producer Louise Vesth makes it clear that none of those stars will literally do such daring scenes as they will have their body doubles do the hard-core sex instead.
"We shot the actors pretending to have sex and then had the body doubles, who really did have sex, and in post we will digital-impose the two," Vesth confirms the news to The Hollywood Reporter at Cannes Festival. "So above the waist it will be the star and the below the waist it will be the doubles."
Besides the revelation about the sex stunts for the cast, Vesth adds that von Trier will use experimental graphic elements in the upcoming erotic film. With double exposures and imposing words and symbols over the action, the film utilizes a technique that is said to be "groundbreaking."
Previously, LaBeouf spoke to MTV News about the sex scenes in the film. "There's a disclaimer at the top of the script that basically says, we're doing [the sex] for real," the 26-year-old star revealed. "And anything that is 'illegal' will be shot in blurred images. But other than that, everything is happening."
Revolving around a self-diagnosed nymphomaniac who's found beaten in an alley and then recalls for her rescuer the story of her life, the film will be made in two versions, the explicit version and the tame one. Stellan Skarsgard and Christian Slater are among the star-studded cast.
- Chris Pratt Name Drops Jennifer Lawrence in Christmas-Themed Mad Lib Theater With Jimmy Fallon
- Drake and Aaliyah's Posthumous Collaboration 'Talk Is Cheap' Surfaces Online
- Tom Hanks Puts Emma Watson in Danger in 'The Circle' Teaser Trailer
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Her Curves in Peek-a-Boo Dress After Christmas Concert With Bryan Tanaka
- Watch Fiona Apple Sing Anti-Donald Trump Christmas Carol
- Sofia Vergara Gets Sued by Her Own Embryos as Legal Battle With Ex Continues
- Watch Shawn Mendes Cover Drake's 'Fake Love' on 'Live Lounge'
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Expecting First Child With Wife Joana Pak