Logan Is Not Over Jean Grey Yet in New Trailer for 'The Wolverine'
A new trailer for Hugh Jackman's upcoming action film "The Wolverine" teases the soft side of the titular hero. As previewed in the video, there lies a broken heart hiding behind Logan's strong muscular body that he tries hard to mend following the death of his crush Jean Grey as featured in 2006's "X-Men: The Last Stand".
Jackman has previously shared his thoughts on his character as well as the character played by Famke Janssen. "There's no doubt that the most important relationship in his life - we've seen through the movies - is his relationship with Jean Grey. Yes, we saw her die at the end of 'X-Men: The Last Stand'," he told MTV.
The Australian star then revealed that the female mutant would have a particularly significant role in the upcoming film. "But in this movie, she has a presence which I think is vital to the movie, particularly for him confronting the most difficult thing within himself," so the father of two children said.
From director James Mangold, the film follows Logan in modern day Japan. There, samurai steel will clash with adamantium claw as Wolverine confronts a mysterious figure from his past in an epic battle that will leave him forever changed.
The Marvel pic features Svetlana Khodchenkova and Rila Fukushima, whose appearances as Viper and Yukio are also teased in the newly-released trailer.
"The Wolverine" is set to hit theaters across the nation on July 26.
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle