Logan Is Not Over Jean Grey Yet in New Trailer for 'The Wolverine'
A new trailer for Hugh Jackman's upcoming action film "The Wolverine" teases the soft side of the titular hero. As previewed in the video, there lies a broken heart hiding behind Logan's strong muscular body that he tries hard to mend following the death of his crush Jean Grey as featured in 2006's "X-Men: The Last Stand".
Jackman has previously shared his thoughts on his character as well as the character played by Famke Janssen. "There's no doubt that the most important relationship in his life - we've seen through the movies - is his relationship with Jean Grey. Yes, we saw her die at the end of 'X-Men: The Last Stand'," he told MTV.
The Australian star then revealed that the female mutant would have a particularly significant role in the upcoming film. "But in this movie, she has a presence which I think is vital to the movie, particularly for him confronting the most difficult thing within himself," so the father of two children said.
From director James Mangold, the film follows Logan in modern day Japan. There, samurai steel will clash with adamantium claw as Wolverine confronts a mysterious figure from his past in an epic battle that will leave him forever changed.
The Marvel pic features Svetlana Khodchenkova and Rila Fukushima, whose appearances as Viper and Yukio are also teased in the newly-released trailer.
"The Wolverine" is set to hit theaters across the nation on July 26.
- Calvin Harris Is Back on Social Media Following Car Accident, Posts Almost Naked Pic
- Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys Welcome First Child
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope