Khloe Kardashian Yanks Off 'Rich Soil' T-Shirt After Legal Threat From NY Governor
Khloe Kardashian seems to admit of being a copycat after receiving a "cease and desist" letter from Gov. Andrew Cuomo's administration. While staying mum on the issue, the reality TV star complies with the governor's demand to pull her "Rich Soil" t-shirt which features a design almost identical to the logo of New York's Department of Agriculture.
The state sent a legal threat to a clothing line backed by Khloe and her husband Lamar Odom over copyright violation, pointing out the similarities between the two designs. "The State of New York has invested substantial time, effort and resources creating the respect and goodwill associated with the trademark," a lawyer for Department of Agriculture said.
The Department of Agriculture logo features the Statue of Liberty standing over a panoramic silhouette of New York City encircled by the words "Pride Of New York." In Khloe's t-shirt design, a trumpet with the letters "RS" for Rich Soil is in place of the barn on the agriculture logo and the words "Rich Soil" in place of the words "Price Of" in the circle surrounding the design.
Stopping the sale of the $35 t-shirt may not be enough for Khloe and her production company to avoid getting sued by the state. In the warning letter sent earlier, the governor's administration also demanded the "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" star and her NBA player hubby provide information of how much money the company had made from selling the items.
This is not the first time the Kardashian empire is facing legal issue over their product. Earlier this month, the family was ordered by a judge to change the name of their Khroma Beauty line to Kardashian Beauty following a trademark-infringement lawsuit filed by celebrity makeup artist Lee Tillett, who owns Kroma Makeup and launched it in 2004.
More Khloe Kardashian News
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards
- Demi Lovato Surprises Fans as Undercover Lyft Driver and Disses Selena Gomez
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'