Khloe Kardashian Yanks Off 'Rich Soil' T-Shirt After Legal Threat From NY Governor
Khloe Kardashian seems to admit of being a copycat after receiving a "cease and desist" letter from Gov. Andrew Cuomo's administration. While staying mum on the issue, the reality TV star complies with the governor's demand to pull her "Rich Soil" t-shirt which features a design almost identical to the logo of New York's Department of Agriculture.
The state sent a legal threat to a clothing line backed by Khloe and her husband Lamar Odom over copyright violation, pointing out the similarities between the two designs. "The State of New York has invested substantial time, effort and resources creating the respect and goodwill associated with the trademark," a lawyer for Department of Agriculture said.
The Department of Agriculture logo features the Statue of Liberty standing over a panoramic silhouette of New York City encircled by the words "Pride Of New York." In Khloe's t-shirt design, a trumpet with the letters "RS" for Rich Soil is in place of the barn on the agriculture logo and the words "Rich Soil" in place of the words "Price Of" in the circle surrounding the design.
Stopping the sale of the $35 t-shirt may not be enough for Khloe and her production company to avoid getting sued by the state. In the warning letter sent earlier, the governor's administration also demanded the "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" star and her NBA player hubby provide information of how much money the company had made from selling the items.
This is not the first time the Kardashian empire is facing legal issue over their product. Earlier this month, the family was ordered by a judge to change the name of their Khroma Beauty line to Kardashian Beauty following a trademark-infringement lawsuit filed by celebrity makeup artist Lee Tillett, who owns Kroma Makeup and launched it in 2004.
More Khloe Kardashian News
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death