Alice Eve Underwear Scene in 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Might Be 'Gratuitous', But She Does Not Mind
One particular scene featured in "Star Trek Into Darkness" has been the talk of all Trekkies as well as critics. With neither explanation nor motivation, Alice Eve's Carol Marcus strips down to her underwear, revealing her rocking body in the presence of Chris Pine's Captain Kirk. Apparently, co-writer Damon Lindelof feels sorry for that controversial scene.
"I copped to the fact that we should have done a better job of not being gratuitous in our representation of a barely clothed actress," Lindelof tweeted on May 20, before adding, "We also had Kirk shirtless in underpants in both movies. Do not want to make light of something that some construe as misogynistic.What I'm saying is I hear you, I take responsibility and will be more mindful in the future."
In an e-mail interview with MTV, the frequent collaborator of director J.J. Abrams said that there's actually a specific reason why that debatable scene should be featured, but he refused to spill it out, saying that it's "MYSTERY."
Meanwhile, Eve herself has been asked many times how she felt about the demands of the scene. "I think the nature of what we do is visual and so all of us are subject to typecasting," the 31-year-old beauty told the NY Daily News at the London premiere of the sci-fi film, which debuted atop the North American box office.
The Oxford-educated star then went on saying, "I think J.J. Abrams very carefully and decidedly walks the line between allowing audiences to have what they expect from cinema, which is to have these paradigms but also to try to slightly adjust tired stereotypes."
"So he gives us strength. And he does it for men, too. There's vulnerability in all humanity and that vulnerability doesn't just belong to women," Eve defended.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show