Candice Glover Sings 'I Am Beautiful' on 'Live! with Kelly and Michael'
Within days after being voted as "American Idol" season twelve's grand champion, Candice Glover immediately kicked off the promo for her first single "I Am Beautiful". On Monday, May 20, the 23-year-old belter appeared on "Live! with Kelly & Michael", performing her coronation song, backed-up by no less than "Idol" musical director Michael Orland on the piano.
Shortly after the performance, hosts Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan chatted with the latest "Idol" winner from St. Helena Island in South Carolina, who serves as the first of three finalists dropping by the show this week. Tomorrow's episode will feature runner-up Kree Harrison while third-placer Angie Miller appears on Wednesday.
Glover finally bagged the title as the newest "Idol" last week, but not without first going through three failed attempts in the past. Her triumph is a lesson for future "Idol" hopefuls to have persistence and determination in the pursuit of their goals and "just going after their dreams" as Glover herself told Ripa at the beginning of the short post-performance interview.
"I went home and I studied just about every genre of music and got my musical knowledge up," Glover told Strahan when asked as to what she did differently this year that got her through the auditions all the way up to the finals before she landed the title. "I think I turned myself more into an artist than a singer."
Candice Glover performing "I Am Beautiful" on "Live! with Kelly & Michael":
- Seth Rogen's R-Rated Animated Comedy 'Sausage Party' to Join Oscar Race
- Rihanna Regrets Skipping Drake's Party and Letting Taylor Swift Steal the Spotlight
- Olivia Wilde Shares Breastfeeding Photo, Finds New Drinking Buddy in Newborn Daughter
- Twitter Rips Drake for Mocking Kid Cudi's Mental Illness in New Diss Track
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery