Candice Glover Sings 'I Am Beautiful' on 'Live! with Kelly and Michael'
Within days after being voted as "American Idol" season twelve's grand champion, Candice Glover immediately kicked off the promo for her first single "I Am Beautiful". On Monday, May 20, the 23-year-old belter appeared on "Live! with Kelly & Michael", performing her coronation song, backed-up by no less than "Idol" musical director Michael Orland on the piano.
Shortly after the performance, hosts Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan chatted with the latest "Idol" winner from St. Helena Island in South Carolina, who serves as the first of three finalists dropping by the show this week. Tomorrow's episode will feature runner-up Kree Harrison while third-placer Angie Miller appears on Wednesday.
Glover finally bagged the title as the newest "Idol" last week, but not without first going through three failed attempts in the past. Her triumph is a lesson for future "Idol" hopefuls to have persistence and determination in the pursuit of their goals and "just going after their dreams" as Glover herself told Ripa at the beginning of the short post-performance interview.
"I went home and I studied just about every genre of music and got my musical knowledge up," Glover told Strahan when asked as to what she did differently this year that got her through the auditions all the way up to the finals before she landed the title. "I think I turned myself more into an artist than a singer."
Candice Glover performing "I Am Beautiful" on "Live! with Kelly & Michael":
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'
- Leslie Jones' Nude Photos and Personal Information Leaked After Her Website Got Hacked
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago