Candice Glover Sings 'I Am Beautiful' on 'Live! with Kelly and Michael'
Within days after being voted as "American Idol" season twelve's grand champion, Candice Glover immediately kicked off the promo for her first single "I Am Beautiful". On Monday, May 20, the 23-year-old belter appeared on "Live! with Kelly & Michael", performing her coronation song, backed-up by no less than "Idol" musical director Michael Orland on the piano.
Shortly after the performance, hosts Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan chatted with the latest "Idol" winner from St. Helena Island in South Carolina, who serves as the first of three finalists dropping by the show this week. Tomorrow's episode will feature runner-up Kree Harrison while third-placer Angie Miller appears on Wednesday.
Glover finally bagged the title as the newest "Idol" last week, but not without first going through three failed attempts in the past. Her triumph is a lesson for future "Idol" hopefuls to have persistence and determination in the pursuit of their goals and "just going after their dreams" as Glover herself told Ripa at the beginning of the short post-performance interview.
"I went home and I studied just about every genre of music and got my musical knowledge up," Glover told Strahan when asked as to what she did differently this year that got her through the auditions all the way up to the finals before she landed the title. "I think I turned myself more into an artist than a singer."
Candice Glover performing "I Am Beautiful" on "Live! with Kelly & Michael":
- Kristen Stewart Uncharacteristically Cheerful During Outing With Stella Maxwell
- Halsey Unveils 'Hopeless Fountain Kingdom' Track List
- Kylie Jenner Hits Back at Critics Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Sexy Selfie
- Robert Downey Jr.'s 'Doctor Dolittle' Moves Up Release Date to Avoid 'Star Wars: Episode IX'
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Adds 'Battlestar Galactica', 'Jericho' Stars and More
- DMX Enters Rehab After Canceling Three Shows
- Katy Perry's Reportedly Jealous Seeing Orlando Bloom Moving On So Fast With Nina Dobrev
- 'Big Bang Theory' Stars Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch Reach New Deals After Salary Raises