Country Singer Chely Wright and Wife Welcome Identical Twin Boys
Chely Wright and wife Lauren Blitzer Wright are parents to baby boys. Their sons George Samuel and Everett Joseph, who are named after their grandfathers, were born on Saturday, May 18, in New York City.
"We are grateful for all the amazing medical care and the love and support of family and friends," Chely told PEOPLE. According to the statement, the babies who were actually due in summer are "thriving."
Chely, who came out as a lesbian in 2010, described the moment when she decided to reveal her sexual orientation as "magical." However, she knew that her road after the revelation would not be easy. "It's the unforgivable," Chely told Los Angeles Times in regards to people's acceptance.
She explained, "Historically, country music would rather an artist be a drunk - they even encourage and endorse that one. You get good money from Jim Beam to put that emblem on the side of your bus. I was on the Crown Royal tour, and I have to say it was one of my favorite tours. They would rather you were a drug addict than be gay. They will forgive you if you beat your wife, lose your kids to state, get six divorces, make a sex tape, get labeled as a tramp - any and all of it is better than being gay."
About a year later, she tied the knot with music executive Lauren Blitzer in a private home in Connecticut. The pair got married in front of a rabbi, a reverend and 200 guests. "The Blitzer-wrights," Lauren tweeted at that time. A picture of the brides in white dress was attached in the post.
The couple announced that they were expecting healthy twin boys in March. "We're excited to be parents and we hope we don't mess it up too badly," said the "Never Love You Enough" singer.
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones
- Mariah Carey Threw James Packer's Laptop Out the Window After He Played a Beyonce Song
- Ariana Grande Is Sued Over 'One Last Time', Previews New Music Video Ft. Nicki Minaj
- New Set Pics Hint at 'Transformers: The Last Knight' 's Connection With Arthurian Mythology
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Haven't Put a Label on Relationship Even After Caught Kissing
- Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani, Ariana Grande and More Featured in 'Trolls' Soundtrack Album
- Naya Rivera Reveals She Got Pregnant and Had an Abortion When She Was on 'Glee'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves