Country Singer Chely Wright and Wife Welcome Identical Twin Boys
Chely Wright and wife Lauren Blitzer Wright are parents to baby boys. Their sons George Samuel and Everett Joseph, who are named after their grandfathers, were born on Saturday, May 18, in New York City.
"We are grateful for all the amazing medical care and the love and support of family and friends," Chely told PEOPLE. According to the statement, the babies who were actually due in summer are "thriving."
Chely, who came out as a lesbian in 2010, described the moment when she decided to reveal her sexual orientation as "magical." However, she knew that her road after the revelation would not be easy. "It's the unforgivable," Chely told Los Angeles Times in regards to people's acceptance.
She explained, "Historically, country music would rather an artist be a drunk - they even encourage and endorse that one. You get good money from Jim Beam to put that emblem on the side of your bus. I was on the Crown Royal tour, and I have to say it was one of my favorite tours. They would rather you were a drug addict than be gay. They will forgive you if you beat your wife, lose your kids to state, get six divorces, make a sex tape, get labeled as a tramp - any and all of it is better than being gay."
About a year later, she tied the knot with music executive Lauren Blitzer in a private home in Connecticut. The pair got married in front of a rabbi, a reverend and 200 guests. "The Blitzer-wrights," Lauren tweeted at that time. A picture of the brides in white dress was attached in the post.
The couple announced that they were expecting healthy twin boys in March. "We're excited to be parents and we hope we don't mess it up too badly," said the "Never Love You Enough" singer.
- NBC Sets Premiere Date for DC Comics' Comedy 'Powerless'
- Meghan Trainor Scraps Remaining 2016 Tour Dates due to Illness
- Pharrell Joins Forces With Alicia Keys on New Song 'Apple'
- Jennifer Lawrence Gets Blasted for Scratching Her Butt on Sacred Rocks
- The Rock Seduced by a Bikini Babe in 'Baywatch' Longer Teaser Trailer
- Taylor Swift and Zayn Malik Team Up for 'Fifty Shades Darker' Song 'I Don't Wanna Live Forever'
- Spidey Faces Off Vulture in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' First Trailer
- AFI Lists 'Game of Thrones', 'The Americans' and 'Better Call Saul' as Best TV Shows of 2016