Country Singer Chely Wright and Wife Welcome Identical Twin Boys
Chely Wright and wife Lauren Blitzer Wright are parents to baby boys. Their sons George Samuel and Everett Joseph, who are named after their grandfathers, were born on Saturday, May 18, in New York City.
"We are grateful for all the amazing medical care and the love and support of family and friends," Chely told PEOPLE. According to the statement, the babies who were actually due in summer are "thriving."
Chely, who came out as a lesbian in 2010, described the moment when she decided to reveal her sexual orientation as "magical." However, she knew that her road after the revelation would not be easy. "It's the unforgivable," Chely told Los Angeles Times in regards to people's acceptance.
She explained, "Historically, country music would rather an artist be a drunk - they even encourage and endorse that one. You get good money from Jim Beam to put that emblem on the side of your bus. I was on the Crown Royal tour, and I have to say it was one of my favorite tours. They would rather you were a drug addict than be gay. They will forgive you if you beat your wife, lose your kids to state, get six divorces, make a sex tape, get labeled as a tramp - any and all of it is better than being gay."
About a year later, she tied the knot with music executive Lauren Blitzer in a private home in Connecticut. The pair got married in front of a rabbi, a reverend and 200 guests. "The Blitzer-wrights," Lauren tweeted at that time. A picture of the brides in white dress was attached in the post.
The couple announced that they were expecting healthy twin boys in March. "We're excited to be parents and we hope we don't mess it up too badly," said the "Never Love You Enough" singer.
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- John Carpenter Shares Brutal Thoughts on 'Halloween' Remake, Slams Rob Zombie
- Cathriona White's Letter Reveals Jim Carrey Called Her a 'Whore' and Gave Her STDs
- Artist of the Week: Lady GaGa
- 50 Cent Starts 'Empire' Feud With Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett Also Weighs In
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush