Jonathan Rhys-Meyers Rumored to Be Cast for 'Star Wars Episode 7'
As reported by Latino Review, "Star Wars Episode 7" is said to have started approaching a Hollywood star that is hoped to be the first new member in the film's cast ensemble. Irish model and actor Jonathan Rhys-Meyers is reportedly in talks with Lucasfilm to star in the film, which is set to begin production in early 2014.
If the "Bend It Like Beckham" leading man is indeed approached and manages to close all deals with the studio at the end, the film will mark the second time the Golden Globe winner teams up with Abrams. Previously, the two joined forces in Tom Cruise-starring "Mission: Impossible 3" in 2006.
The upcoming flick will likely see the return of some original stars, such as Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford as previously revealed by George Lucas. "We had already signed Mark and Carrie and Harrison - or we were pretty much in final stages of negotiation. So I called them to say, 'Look, this is what's going on.' Maybe I'm not supposed to say that," Lucas told Bloomberg Business Week.
The film's production is already set to take place in Britain, continuing its longstanding history with the U.K. after the last six installments of the "Star Wars" film franchise were all filmed there.
Michael Arndt serves as the scribe for the highly-anticipated film, which is scheduled for a 2015 release.
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'