Kanye West Teases 'Yeezus' Details, Eggs Will Smith On to Come Up With New Material
Details about Kanye West's forthcoming sixth studio album were revealed Monday, May 20 via a pre-order page that went up on online music store iTunes and on the artist's own website. It was immediately taken down after briefly providing the general public some major details about the highly-anticipated new album.
The pre-order page confirmed earlier pronouncements regarding the album's title "Yeezus", a pun combining the 35-year-old rapper's nickname and with the name "Jesus", while revealing the album's 14 still-untitled tracks plus the June 18 release date that West cryptically tweeted about weeks ago. West's girlfriend Kim Kardashian and co-manager Don C. also posted a photo on Instagram which apparently was the cover artwork for the upcoming album.
Speaking of photos, a snapshot of West and superstar pal Will Smith hanging out in a recording studio working on new music taken a few months ago and posted online back in February is now being confirmed by the Fresh Prince himself. During a press junket for his new movie "After Earth", Smith revealed that he and Yeezy were indeed working on some new materials.
"I've been messing around with Kanye, we went to the studio a couple times," Smith told reporters, but it was not for West's "Yeezus" as initially expected but perhaps for a comeback album for the "Summertime" rapper-turned-actor. "I might get the bug. I'm not gonna do it unless I'm truly inspired, but Ye's been pushing me a little bit."
More Kanye West News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival