Kanye West Teases 'Yeezus' Details, Eggs Will Smith On to Come Up With New Material
Details about Kanye West's forthcoming sixth studio album were revealed Monday, May 20 via a pre-order page that went up on online music store iTunes and on the artist's own website. It was immediately taken down after briefly providing the general public some major details about the highly-anticipated new album.
The pre-order page confirmed earlier pronouncements regarding the album's title "Yeezus", a pun combining the 35-year-old rapper's nickname and with the name "Jesus", while revealing the album's 14 still-untitled tracks plus the June 18 release date that West cryptically tweeted about weeks ago. West's girlfriend Kim Kardashian and co-manager Don C. also posted a photo on Instagram which apparently was the cover artwork for the upcoming album.
Speaking of photos, a snapshot of West and superstar pal Will Smith hanging out in a recording studio working on new music taken a few months ago and posted online back in February is now being confirmed by the Fresh Prince himself. During a press junket for his new movie "After Earth", Smith revealed that he and Yeezy were indeed working on some new materials.
"I've been messing around with Kanye, we went to the studio a couple times," Smith told reporters, but it was not for West's "Yeezus" as initially expected but perhaps for a comeback album for the "Summertime" rapper-turned-actor. "I might get the bug. I'm not gonna do it unless I'm truly inspired, but Ye's been pushing me a little bit."
More Kanye West News
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab