Seth MacFarlane Bows Out of Oscars, Recommends Joaquin Phoenix as New Host
Seth MacFarlane's latest tweets finally answer fans' curiosity whether he will really be back hosting the 2014 Oscar as rumored before. The man behind the lens for Mark Wahlberg and Mila Kunis-starring "Ted" has announced that the prestigious prize-giving event will have a new face instead of him.
"Traumatized critics exhale: I'm unable to do the Oscars again. Tried to make it work schedule-wise, but I need sleep," MacFarlane wrote on his Twitter account, before adding, "However, I highly recommend the job, as [Craig] Zadan and [Neil] Meron are two of the most talented producers in the business."
As for a possible candidate that MacFarlane has in mind, the "American Dad!" co-creator said, "My suggestion for host is Joaquin Phoenix," without giving any reason why he specifically chose the "Walk the Line" star out of many possible names.
Rumors of MacFarlane's return to host next year's Oscar surfaced after "sources close to the comedian" told Just Jared on April 18 that Zadan and Meron had re-invited him and given him "couple of weeks" to consider the offer. "After defending his [controversial] performance, the producers reached out to Seth and invited him back to host the show again," so the sources said.
Due to the Olympics, the 2014 Academy Awards will be held on March 2. It is still unknown who will be the frontrunner for the hosting gig.
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge
- Report: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Expecting Baby Boy
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert