NY Governor Warns Khloe Kardashian for Selling Rich Soil T-Shirts
New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo threatens to sue Rich Soil, a clothing company
that Khloe Kardashian and husband Lamar Odom run. NY Daily News reports
that Cuomo accuses the company of violating copyright law as it sells T-shirts with an
image that resembles "Pride of New York" logo used by Department of Agriculture of New
On Friday, May 17, Susan Rosenthal, a lawyer for the Department of Agriculture, sent a letter addressed to Rich Soil. "The State of New York has invested substantial time, effort and resources creating the respect and goodwill associated with the trademark," she stated in the letter.
Rosenthal also asked the company to immediately stop selling the T-shirts featuring the logo and provide information of how much money the company had made from selling the items. The lawyer said New York would take legal action if the company ignored the given warn.
Cuomo declined to comment on the news. At a news conference on Monday, May 20, he said, "I wish I could [comment] in some ways because it would at least be a little more interesting than what I normally do." At the same occasion, State Agriculture Commissioner Darrel Aubertine also took a jab at Kardashian, saying that the "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" star wasn't suitable for the logo because, " 'Pride of New York' is a good logo."
More Khloe Kardashian News
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host