Jennifer Lawrence Slips Into Her Mystique Skin in New 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' Pic
Jennifer Lawrence goes all blue for her portrayal of Mystique in a new photo from "X-Men: Days of Future Past" that has been unveiled by none other than director Bryan Singer. Similar to the make-up she applied in "X-Men: First Class, the Oscar-winning actress is seen in blue body paint, wearing yellow contact lenses and a red wig.
In an interview with Washington Post, Lawrence was asked how long she needed to sit in the chair to get the Mystique make-up done. "I had to either stand or sit on a bicycle seat for about eight hours when it was full body," answered the actress, who plays the younger version of the character made famous by Rebecca Romijn.
Lawrence revealed that she also discussed the role with Romijn. "Her advice was mostly just kind of, don't worry about it. Don't listen to what they tell you," "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" star said. "Because they tell you not to drink alcohol or eat spicy food, because they remove the make-up with alcohol. And she just said, don't listen to that. It will drive you crazy."
"Days of Future Past" will be based on Uncanny X-Men #141 and 142 back in 1981 during Chris Claremont and John Byrne's run. The story introduced the idea of an alternate future for the Marvel mutants that grew out of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants killing an important senator, leading to a future where all mutants are hunted by Sentinels.
Also starring Hugh Jackman and Halle Berry, the film will arrive in theaters across the United States on July 18, 2014.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie