CBS Pulls 'Mike and Molly' Season Finale Due to Oklahoma Tornado
"Mike & Molly" will wrap up its third season later than it's planned before. In the wake of devastating tornadoes that hit Oklahoma, the season finale of the sitcom has been pulled by CBS from schedule and will be rescheduled for a later date.
"Due to the tragic events this afternoon in Oklahoma, we are pre-empting tonight's season finale of Mike & Molly, which has a related storyline," a CBS representative said via email on Monday, May 20. "A repeat broadcast of Mike & Molly will run in the time period. The season finale will be broadcast at an appropriate date."
The final episode of "Mike & Molly" which is titled "Windy City" is set against the backdrop of a tornado in Chicago which leads Mike and Molly to confess important news to each other.
Meanwhile, the huge tornado which struck southern Oklahoma City and its suburbs on Monday afternoon destroyed buildings and killed at least 51 people.
- BET Awards 2016: Drake and Future Among First Winners
- BET Awards 2016: See Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Karrueche Tran's Showstopping Styles on Red Carpet
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die