CBS Pulls 'Mike and Molly' Season Finale Due to Oklahoma Tornado
"Mike & Molly" will wrap up its third season later than it's planned before. In the wake of devastating tornadoes that hit Oklahoma, the season finale of the sitcom has been pulled by CBS from schedule and will be rescheduled for a later date.
"Due to the tragic events this afternoon in Oklahoma, we are pre-empting tonight's season finale of Mike & Molly, which has a related storyline," a CBS representative said via email on Monday, May 20. "A repeat broadcast of Mike & Molly will run in the time period. The season finale will be broadcast at an appropriate date."
The final episode of "Mike & Molly" which is titled "Windy City" is set against the backdrop of a tornado in Chicago which leads Mike and Molly to confess important news to each other.
Meanwhile, the huge tornado which struck southern Oklahoma City and its suburbs on Monday afternoon destroyed buildings and killed at least 51 people.
- Too Little, Too Late? Taylor Swift's Support for Women's March Is Met With Backlash
- Get First Look at Benedict Cumberbatch as Thomas Edison in 'Current War'
- Kylie Jenner Shows a Lot of Skin in Barely There Two-Piece
- Is Selena Gomez Begging for Justin Bieber's 'Blessing' to Date The Weeknd After JB Calls Him 'Wack'?
- 'Logan' Is Not Set in the Same 'X-Men' Universe, According to Hugh Jackman
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video