Jennifer Lawrence Almost Actually Catching Fire When Promoting 'Catching Fire' at Cannes
Jennifer Lawrence was almost literally catching fire when attending a party for her new film, "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire", at Baoli Beach in Cannes, France, on Saturday night, May 18. A witness said that Lawrence, who was at the party with co-stars Liam Hemsworth and Sam Claflin, was "sitting on a sofa in the VIP section of the party" when an 8-foot column with a platter of candles reportedly fell on top of her and Hemsworth.
"They both jumped up when it happened and thankfully no one was hurt," said the witness. However, both Hemsworth and Lawrence didn't seem bothered by the incident as the witness added, "Liam and Jennifer both seemed pretty calm about it and laughed it off. They almost caught fire -literally."
At the party, Lawrence looked stunning in a white strapless dress by Christian Dior, bright pink stilletos by Manolo Blahnik and Chopard jewelry. Earlier that day, the actress who won an Oscar for her role in "Silver Linings Playbook" wore a ruffled strapless black top, black pants and orange heels when joining Hemsworth and Claflin for a photocall for the highly-anticipated sequel to "The Hunger Games".
"The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" has been continuously advertised at this year's Cannes Film Festival to draw more people's attention. The massive promotions including huge digital billboards that are constantly burnt by the Majestic Barriere hotel and a lavish soiree -complete with flowing liquid chocolate and models dressed in the film's ornate costumes- held by Lionsgate beside the beach on the Croisette.
"The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" is set to be released in U.S. theaters on November 22.
More Jennifer Lawrence News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival