Drake Reunites With Jay-Z in Studio for New Duet
A new collaboration between Drake and Jay-Z is coming. A RocNation photographer posts on Instagram a picture of the two rappers hitting the studio together. "Warning: Please be very afraid of the music we're working on. OVO x ROCNATION," the caption reads.
This will be their second duet after Jay-Z first guested on Drizzy's debut album "Thank Me Later" in 2010. In a track called "Light Up", the Jiggaman gave his advice to the then-newcomer, "While all my closest friends out partyin'/ I'm just here makin' the music that they party to ... Drake, here's how they gonna come at you / with silly rap feuds, trying to distract you."
Recalling his chat with the rap mogul back then, Drake said, "The conversations me and Jay have, he's so intrigued by where my life is at because it's almost like he's seeing it happen again with somebody else. So he was like, 'I'm just going to tell you all I learned,' and it was a beautiful moment. I never heard Jay get that personal in a long time."
Drake released his last album, a second one called "Take Care", in 2011. Meanwhile, it's been four years since Jay-Z dropped a solo album. His last project, "Watch the Throne", was collaboration with Kanye West released in 2011. It's still unclear if Drake and Jay-Z's new duet will be listed in the former's or in the latter's next studio installment.
More Drake News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie