Drake Reunites With Jay-Z in Studio for New Duet
A new collaboration between Drake and Jay-Z is coming. A RocNation photographer posts on Instagram a picture of the two rappers hitting the studio together. "Warning: Please be very afraid of the music we're working on. OVO x ROCNATION," the caption reads.
This will be their second duet after Jay-Z first guested on Drizzy's debut album "Thank Me Later" in 2010. In a track called "Light Up", the Jiggaman gave his advice to the then-newcomer, "While all my closest friends out partyin'/ I'm just here makin' the music that they party to ... Drake, here's how they gonna come at you / with silly rap feuds, trying to distract you."
Recalling his chat with the rap mogul back then, Drake said, "The conversations me and Jay have, he's so intrigued by where my life is at because it's almost like he's seeing it happen again with somebody else. So he was like, 'I'm just going to tell you all I learned,' and it was a beautiful moment. I never heard Jay get that personal in a long time."
Drake released his last album, a second one called "Take Care", in 2011. Meanwhile, it's been four years since Jay-Z dropped a solo album. His last project, "Watch the Throne", was collaboration with Kanye West released in 2011. It's still unclear if Drake and Jay-Z's new duet will be listed in the former's or in the latter's next studio installment.
More Drake News
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent