Kid Rock Slams Lip-Syncers as Chris Brown Struggles With Live Performance at 2013 BMAs
Kid Rock did not perform on Sunday night's Billboard Music Awards but he certainly got the crowd's attention when he stepped onto the MGM Grand Garden Arena stage in Las Vegas to present an award. The Michigan-born musician opened his spiel by calling out some of the ceremony's performers, particularly those whom he suspected of lip-syncing.
"Let's give it up for people lipsyncing under pre-recorded music!" Rock blurted as he handed out the award for Top Rap Song to eventual winner Macklemore & Ryan Lewis. Viewers readily assumed he was directing his sarcastic remarks towards Selena Gomez, Icona Pop or Chris Brown, but a close look and listen at Brown's performance clearly showed he was not lip-syncing.
What gave him away were the several sharp and flat notes that Brown dropped while singing his latest hit single "Fine China" which Brown, in an all-black ensemble, performed with his talented crew of back-up dancers behind Chinese-themed backdrop visuals. "Lil hoarse for the performance but it happens. Good sh*t otherwise," Brown wrote on his Twitter account soon after his special number, which he closed out by posing as the late Michael Jackson behind the backdrop, his ode to the King of Pop.
Brown may have faltered in the high notes, but he surely did not disappoint with his superb dancing skills and the overall excellent choreography. Except for the ninja-fighting bit in his live number which was as awkward as the same sequence on his "Fine China" music video, his entire performance was well-executed.
Kid Rock presenting the Top Rap Song award at the 2013 Billboard Music Awards:
Chris Brown performing "Fine China" at the 2013 Billboard Music Awards:
More Kid Rock News
- G-Dragon Promises Big Bang Will Reunite as 5 Members
- Jay Park Signs With Roc Nation
- Justin Bieber Banned From China Over His 'Bad Behavior'
- Kim Kardashian Is 'Furious' After Video of Her Partying Hard Exposed
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer