Li Bingbing Is First Chinese Star Cast for 'Transformers 4'
An actress has been officially introduced as the first of many Chinese stars that will join forces with Mark Wahlberg in action-packed "Transformers 4". "The Forbidden Kingdom" actress Li Bingbing is confirmed to be on board the project, which will be directed by Michael Bay.
Besides Bingbing, the upcoming action film will feature other established actors along with four talents that are discovered through a reality TV show named "Transformers 4 Chinese Actor Talent Search", which is set to air in China this June. Both Wahlberg and Bay are not involved in the judging panel.
Penned by Ehren Kruger, the robot-themed tale will take place four years after the events in "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" and is said to be darker than its predecessors. As previously mentioned by Bay, the production will use new smaller IMAX 3D cameras.
Five-time Emmy Award-winning actor Kelsey Grammer is on board the project to play the human villain. Stanley Tucci, Jack Reynor and Nicola Peltz have been included in the cast as well for supporting roles.
The Paramount Pictures feature is scheduled to hit theaters across the United States on June 27, 2014.
Bingbing previously acted opposite Milla Jovovich and Michelle Rodriguez in 2012's "Resident Evil: Retribution", which featured her as top agent Ada Wong. Her upcoming film is "400 Boys", a fantasy thriller which also stars Jodelle Ferland of "The Twilight Saga's Eclipse.
- Donald Glover Officially Cast as Young Lando Calrissian in 'Han Solo' Movie
- Perrie Edwards Was Left Homeless After Nasty Split From Zayn Malik
- Azealia Banks Pens Apology Letter to Zayn Malik
- Weird Al Turns Final Presidential Debate Into Song Called 'Bad Hombres, Nasty Women'
- Chris Pine and Gugu Mbatha-Raw Join the Cast of Disney's 'A Wrinkle in Time'
- Judge Approves Taylor Swift's Request to Seal Her Groping Photo
- Angelina Jolie Already 'Misses' Brad Pitt, Is Having 'Second Thoughts' About Divorce
- Watch Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn Parody Beyonce's 'Formation' Video