Bruno Mars, Macklemore and Ryan Lewis Rock 2013 Billboard Music Awards
Whoever decided for Bruno Mars to kick off the 2013 Billboard Music Awards Sunday night at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas should be credited for setting the perfect mood for the event. The 27-year-old singer opened the show with a spectacular performance of his "Unorthodox Jukebox" track "Treasure".
With him and his full band dressed in identical suits, Mars & Co. brought the crowd back to the seventies with their funky performance of the retro-vibe dance track. Mars broke off from his usual guitar-clasping routine and let his band handle the instrumentals to give an impeccable vocal and perform some short dance choreography with his back-up crew as he sang the up-tempo tune that got the audience on their feet.
While Mars and his band looked well-coordinated for their synchronized number, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis went the opposite route with their rendition of their hit "Thrift Shop". Presenting in front of an intimate crowd at the Wynn Hotel in Las Vegas, Macklemore stood out from among the performers onstage with his blue Napoleonic coat on top of a black hoodie.
Meanwhile, wearing a casual get-up of a gray shirt beneath a blue sports jacket, Ryan Lewis commanded the crowd from behind the DJ's station, as Wanz dished out the hook in a light-colored tuxedo. They may have been far from being well-coordinated for the BMAs, but they brought the house down nonetheless.
Bruno Mars performing "Treasure" at the 2013 Billboard Music Awards:
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis performing "Thrift Shop" at the 2013 Billboard Music Awards:
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie