will.i.am Premieres 'Bang Bang' Music Video 'Great Gatsby' Style
Black Eyed Peas' frontman will.i.am has premiered the Roaring Twenties-inspired music video of his new single "Bang Bang". The 38-year-old songwriter/ record producer's new track appears on both his new "#willpower" album and the Jay-Z-executive produced soundtrack of the Baz Luhrmann-directed film, "The Great Gatsby".
Done in black-and-white and complete with dated costumes inspired by the movie, will.i.am's new video matches the look and mood of "Gatsby". Complete with his top hat costume, a lady singer wearing a 1920s flapper dress backing him up, and a full band behind him, the "Scream & Shout" singer pulls off his best rendition, both musically and visually, of the "Gatsby" theme.
The visuals look reminiscent of will.i.am's recent live performance on the May 2 results show of "American Idol", where the "Let's Go" singer first delivered his choreography-rich production. Being previously open about his being against choreography, the "That Power" performer obliged audiences with more than a few moves drizzled with some decent tap dancing.
The "Bang Bang" music video release is some welcome good news following will.i.am's recent and ongoing involvement in copyright infringement issues hurled at him by producers Arty and Mat Zo for his "Let's Go" track with Chris Brown. will.i.am has since denied the allegations of song theft, saying he's been unfairly accused of stealing the song's beat since it was all done with the prior notification.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed