will.i.am Premieres 'Bang Bang' Music Video 'Great Gatsby' Style
Black Eyed Peas' frontman will.i.am has premiered the Roaring Twenties-inspired music video of his new single "Bang Bang". The 38-year-old songwriter/ record producer's new track appears on both his new "#willpower" album and the Jay-Z-executive produced soundtrack of the Baz Luhrmann-directed film, "The Great Gatsby".
Done in black-and-white and complete with dated costumes inspired by the movie, will.i.am's new video matches the look and mood of "Gatsby". Complete with his top hat costume, a lady singer wearing a 1920s flapper dress backing him up, and a full band behind him, the "Scream & Shout" singer pulls off his best rendition, both musically and visually, of the "Gatsby" theme.
The visuals look reminiscent of will.i.am's recent live performance on the May 2 results show of "American Idol", where the "Let's Go" singer first delivered his choreography-rich production. Being previously open about his being against choreography, the "That Power" performer obliged audiences with more than a few moves drizzled with some decent tap dancing.
The "Bang Bang" music video release is some welcome good news following will.i.am's recent and ongoing involvement in copyright infringement issues hurled at him by producers Arty and Mat Zo for his "Let's Go" track with Chris Brown. will.i.am has since denied the allegations of song theft, saying he's been unfairly accused of stealing the song's beat since it was all done with the prior notification.
More will.i.am News
- Kylie Jenner Offers Fan Feeling Her Boobs to Prove They're Real
- Britney Spears, Elton John, Calvin Harris to Headline 10th Apple Music Festival in London
- Rob Kardashian Criticizes His Family for Not 'Welcoming' of His Relationship With Blac Chyna
- 'Scream Queens': Hester Will Help Find the Killer in Season 2. Is She No Longer the Bad Guy?
- Possible Main Villains in 'The Flash' Film Are Revealed, 'Doctor Strange' May Feature Brother Voodoo
- Angelina Jolie Worries Brad Pitt Will Leave Her for Marion Cotillard
- Kanye West Kicks Off 'Saint Pablo Tour' and It Has Flying Stage. How Fans React?
- 'Frustrated' Shawn Mendes Slams Billboard for Misquoting Comments About His Fans