'How I Met Your Mother' Adds Cristin Milioti as Series Regular
"How I Met Your Mother" will expand its regular cast ensemble in the upcoming ninth and final season. A representative at studio 20th Century Fox confirms the news which was first reported by TVLine that Cristin Milioti will join the show as a series regular next season.
Milioti first appeared on the comedy series in the season 8 finale, taking a pivotal role of Ted's future wife who is also the titular mother. She was featured buying a ticket to Farhampton, where Barney and Robin's wedding will take place, and has been expected to return to the next installment.
Milioti will be the first addition to the show's core group of regulars which includes Josh Radnor, Alyson Hannigan, Neil Patrick Harris, Cobie Smulders and Jason Segel since the first season. The gig also marks the first series regular role for the Broadway actress, who landed a Tony nomination for her performance in musical play "Once".
Series co-creator Carter Bays previously revealed the ninth and final season of "HIMYM" would tell "the epic story of the longest wedding weekend ever." CBS entertainment president Nina Tassler also dished that the sitcom would expand the wedding weekend as it tells "how each character, before Ted, meets the mother. So, they each meet her independently before he does."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences