Sugarland's Jennifer Nettles Releasing Solo Album
Following speculations that she will be going solo, country music duo Sugarland lead vocalist Jennifer Nettles finally confirms she is going to release her own solo album this fall. The 38-year-old singer announced through a press release on Friday, May 17 that she would have Columbia Records co-president and Def Jam Records founder Rick Rubin as her record producer.
"I am absolutely thrilled and wholly proud to be working with Rick," exclaimed Nettles about her producer. "If you ask any musician who is on their producer 'bucket list', Rick would be on each and every one. I still get nervous around him, in a kind of a music-crush way," Nettles added.
After giving birth to son Marcus back in December, Nettles will bring forth another "baby", her first solo project and first new album since her 2010-released "The Incredible Machine" with Sugarland co-member and instrumentalist Kristian Bush. "A lot has been lived in the time between the last record I made and now, and you can hear that," Nettles hinted at her upcoming LP in an interview.
Meanwhile, Rubin, who has produced the records of such big names as Johnny Cash, Sheryl Crow, the Dixie Chicks, The Avett Brothers, Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, Jay-Z, Aerosmith and Red Hot Chili Peppers, will help bring Nettles' debut to life. "It goes in a lot of cool different directions. There's country but also blues, jazz, island rhythms, great classic rock moments and a lot of soul. The organizing principle is Jennifer's voice and tastes. There's a lot of styles, but it all sounds like her," Rubin revealed about their new collaboration.
More Jennifer Nettles News
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary