Kanye West Debuts 'New Slaves' Across the Globe
G.O.O.D. Music label mogul Kanye West has released a new single from his highly-anticipated forthcoming sixth studio album and in a grand way, it was launched globally Friday night, May 17. With the new song's visuals being an extreme close-up of his face as he raps/sings the track "New Slaves", it will be projected on 66 buildings from all across the world.
"NEW SONG AND VISUAL FROM MY NEW ALBUM BEING PROJECTED TONIGHT ACROSS THE GLOBE ON 66 BUILDINGS," West tweeted Friday night. He then posted a link to his website that carried a map of the world that indicated in which cities and specific locations and which times his new video would be projected.
The innovative stunt was pulled off by West in between his surprise performance at New York's Roseland Ballroom on Wednesday and his imminent return to the "Saturday NIght Live Studio 8H set this week. West will be the season finale's musical guest performer while Oscar-winning director and actor Ben Affleck will serve as the episode's host.
The release of "New Slaves" ushers in the much-awaited arrival of Yeezy's follow-up to his 2010 album "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy". The said album may just get released on June 18, the date which West cryptically tweeted a couple of weeks ago and got fans speculating that it might be the due date for his new LP.
More Kanye West News
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes