Kanye West Debuts 'New Slaves' Across the Globe
G.O.O.D. Music label mogul Kanye West has released a new single from his highly-anticipated forthcoming sixth studio album and in a grand way, it was launched globally Friday night, May 17. With the new song's visuals being an extreme close-up of his face as he raps/sings the track "New Slaves", it will be projected on 66 buildings from all across the world.
"NEW SONG AND VISUAL FROM MY NEW ALBUM BEING PROJECTED TONIGHT ACROSS THE GLOBE ON 66 BUILDINGS," West tweeted Friday night. He then posted a link to his website that carried a map of the world that indicated in which cities and specific locations and which times his new video would be projected.
The innovative stunt was pulled off by West in between his surprise performance at New York's Roseland Ballroom on Wednesday and his imminent return to the "Saturday NIght Live Studio 8H set this week. West will be the season finale's musical guest performer while Oscar-winning director and actor Ben Affleck will serve as the episode's host.
The release of "New Slaves" ushers in the much-awaited arrival of Yeezy's follow-up to his 2010 album "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy". The said album may just get released on June 18, the date which West cryptically tweeted a couple of weeks ago and got fans speculating that it might be the due date for his new LP.
More Kanye West News
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns