Christopher Nolan in 'Informal Talks' to Helm 'Bond 24'
Christopher Nolan might have his long-desired wish come true. Having openly expressed his admiration to British Agent 007 depicter Daniel Craig, the "Inception" director reportedly has had "informal talks" with producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson to serve behind the lens for "Bond 24".
Despite "a cool choice," there seems to be a high chance that the British-American director might pass on the project. His upcoming film "Interstellar", which stars Anne Hathaway and Jessica Chastain, is currently in pre-production, and he has said before that to work on a Bond movie should not be rushed.
"[Making a Bond film] would have to be the right situation and the right time in their cycle of things," Nolan once told Empire magazine. Regardless of how it eventually turns out, the "Man of Steel" producer and writer is expected to replace Sam Mendes, who walked out of the project due to his commitments to theater productions.
"It has been a very difficult decision not to accept [producers] Michael [G. Wilson] and Barbara [Broccoli's] very generous offer to direct the next Bond movie. Directing Skyfall was one of the best experiences of my professional life, " Mendes told Empire.
Even so, the English filmmaker still opens to another opportunity to return as the helmer of another Bond film. "I feel very honored to have been part of the Bond family, and very much hope I have a chance to work with them again sometime in the future," he added.
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early but He Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Brutal Deaths
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting