Christopher Nolan in 'Informal Talks' to Helm 'Bond 24'
Christopher Nolan might have his long-desired wish come true. Having openly expressed his admiration to British Agent 007 depicter Daniel Craig, the "Inception" director reportedly has had "informal talks" with producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson to serve behind the lens for "Bond 24".
Despite "a cool choice," there seems to be a high chance that the British-American director might pass on the project. His upcoming film "Interstellar", which stars Anne Hathaway and Jessica Chastain, is currently in pre-production, and he has said before that to work on a Bond movie should not be rushed.
"[Making a Bond film] would have to be the right situation and the right time in their cycle of things," Nolan once told Empire magazine. Regardless of how it eventually turns out, the "Man of Steel" producer and writer is expected to replace Sam Mendes, who walked out of the project due to his commitments to theater productions.
"It has been a very difficult decision not to accept [producers] Michael [G. Wilson] and Barbara [Broccoli's] very generous offer to direct the next Bond movie. Directing Skyfall was one of the best experiences of my professional life, " Mendes told Empire.
Even so, the English filmmaker still opens to another opportunity to return as the helmer of another Bond film. "I feel very honored to have been part of the Bond family, and very much hope I have a chance to work with them again sometime in the future," he added.
- Bella Thorne Rises to Stardom in Trailer for 'Famous in Love' From 'Pretty Little Liars' Creator
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Reactivates Instagram Account
- Madonna, Usher and More Stars Pay Tribute to Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: More Fights and Departures
- Britney and Beyonce Under Fire for Their VMAs Performances. Plus Get Details on Their Backstage Feud
- Taylor Swift Dismissed From Jury Duty due to Her Ongoing Sexual Abuse Case
- Production on 'The Maze Runner: The Death Cure' to Resume in February 2017
- Blake Lively Hosts Private Baby Shower With Taylor Swift