Man Arrested After Firing a Gun at 2013 Cannes Film Festival
A man was arrested on Friday, May 17, after allegedly firing a gun loaded with blanks at the 2013 Cannes Film Festival. The man fired two shots into the air during a live TV broadcast, where French TV station Canal+ was interviewing Oscar-winning actor Christoph Waltz and French actor Daniel Auteuil.
According to cops, the man was found with a fake grenade and a knife. "It really appears to be a crazy guy," said a cop. The incident caused no injuries, but it did scare everyone including Waltz and Auteuil. Along with some of the audience, the two actors were seen running away from the set for cover.
After the culprit was taken away, Canal+ resumed its live broadcast. The program's producers reportedly told the audience, "The show must go on."
The shooting was the second incident at the world's most prestigious movie showcase. Previously on Thursday, May 16, police said that $1.4 million worth of Chopard jewelry was stolen from a room at the Suite Novotel hotel. Interestingly, that day was when director Sofia Coppola premiered "The Bling Ring", a film about high school students who break into celebs' houses and steal their things.
"The Bling Ring" actress, Emma Watson, reacted to the news and joked, "Someone stole like a million pounds worth of Chopard jewelry from Cannes? I promise it wasn't me!" The 23-year-old star continued, "It's crazy. That's really, really weird... I promise I'm innocent! I promise I had nothing to do with it! I went nowhere near the suites -I can have someone vouch for my whereabouts at the time of the robbery!"
- Stephen Baldwin Not Fan of Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Impersonation on 'SNL'
- Kanye West Rips Jay-Z in Shocking Rant: 'There Will Never Be a Watch the Throne 2'
- 'Logan' Introduces X-23 in Official Teaser Trailer
- Watch This Chilling Video of Kim Kardashian Paris Robbery!
- Brad Pitt Finally Meets Son Maddox Since Plane Fight
- Uh-Oh! Blac Chyna Is Pissed Tyga and Kylie Jenner Stole Her Idea for King Cairo's Birthday Party
- Kim Kardashian's 'Not Doing Great' as She Reportedly Builds Panic Room After Paris Robbery
- Playboy Model Katie May Died Due to Fatal Injury Caused by Chiropractor, Coroner Confirms