George Michael Suffers Cuts and Bruises Following M1 Car Crash
George Michael was a passenger in a single-car accident which took place in U.K. on Thursday, May 16. Daily Mail reported that an air ambulance took him to a trauma center because he was suspected having a head injury. Michael thankfully only suffered minor injuries and was released from hospital after receiving treatment.
A spokesperson for Michael, Connie Filippello, confirmed that the singer was involved in an accident. "George Michael was a passenger in a vehicle involved in a traffic accident yesterday evening. No third party was involved," Filippello said. She added that Michael had "superficial cuts" and was "fine" after the crash.
Michael's boyfriend Fadi Fawaz made a similar statement to the news outlet, "He is perfectly fine. Of course I was worried, but I have spoken to him and he is good. He suffered a few bruises but there is nothing to worry about. I have no idea what happened, I wasn't there."
Ambulance spokesman Gary Sanderson revealed the situation after the crash, "The man who we believe to be in his 40s sustained a head injury and following treatment, stabilization and immobilization by land and air ambulance crews, he was flown to hospital for further care."
A police spokesman said that the case is being investigated and he would not reveal further details, including the identity of the driver. "The exact circumstances of what happened are unclear at this time and until further investigations have been carried out it would be inappropriate for us to comment further," he said.
In September 2010, Michael was arrested in Hampstead, north London and was given an eight-week jail sentence after crashing his car into a store. He was also fined as much as 1,250 pound sterling and banned from driving for five years.
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star
- Get New Details of Kristen Stewart and Alicia Cargile's Upcoming Nuptials
- Britney Spears on Performing at 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show: 'I Would' Do That Again!
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter, Updates Fans About Her School Life
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!