Mariah Carey Refutes 'American Idol' Medley Lip-Syncing Rumors
Following speculations flooding Twitter since Thursday night, May 16, accusing her of lip-syncing her performance on the finale of "American Idol", a representative for pop/R'n'B diva Mariah Carey refutes the allegations, saying the season twelve judge "sang live" and did it so with a 40-person choir. The rep says the 43-year-old entertainer performed live in front of thousands more than once, as her performance had been pre-recorded the night before.
Although the rep confirms that Carey indeed sang to a pre-recorded track - something that other music superstars also do as it is an accepted practice in the industry - she absolutely did not lip-sync. "No LIP-SYNCING whatsoever! She did 3 takes and thrilled the crowd with singing little songs in between that we're NOT part of her medley," Carey's publicist vehemently states.
Unfortunately for Carey, her live performance leading to the announcement of the big winner was viewed by many as a terrible lip-syncing. One viewer commented, "Mariah Carey needs to practice her lip syncing," while another enraged "Idol" fan said, "Kind of ironic that she critiques live performances when she can't even do it herself."
But Carey's fans, including those who were actually there while she did her medley of her greatest hits, immediately came to her defense. "Mariah performed each song 3 times for American Idol to get the best versions of each song, where then the producers would put together each piece and make it all one song. It was HER voice, completely LIVE! She IS the best!" the fan wrote.
More Mariah Carey News
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says