Video: 'Downton Abbey' Gets 'The Simpsons' Treatment
After P. Diddy released a "Downton Abbey" spoof via Funny or Die, now it's "The Simpsons' " turn to take on the Julian Fellowes-created series. The long-running animated comedy has given a look at the opening credits for its season finale which has been altered to imitate the Crawleys' life, featuring a tagline "Simpton Abbey".
"The Simpsons" will wrap up its 24th season with two episodes on Sunday, May 19 starting at 8 P.M. ET on FOX. In the first part called "The Saga of Carl Carlson", Homer, Moe, Lenny and Carl team up to buy a winning lottery ticket, but after Carl snags the ticket and flees to his home country of Iceland, the guys head there in hot pursuit.
The second part, "Dangers on a Train", features Marge stumbling upon a website for married women to arrange affairs (after mistaking it for a website dedicated to cupcakes). She meets a man named Ben, who falls for Marge after the two bond over a "Downton Abbey"-esque period drama. Seth MacFarlane and Lisa Lampanelli will guest star.
The show has already prepared for its next installment, tapping Kristen Wiig to guest voice in an episode as an intense FBI agent whom Lisa runs to for help as Homer starts to act strangely polite after returning from a nuclear power plant convention. The episode will air in the fall.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers