Video: Mariah Carey Performs Greatest Hits Medley and New Single on 'American Idol' Finale
Pop/R'n'B diva Mariah Carey finally did a live performance on "American Idol" and it was to be expected that the show would reserve a superstar of her stature for the grand finale. The 43-year-old entertainer's performance was aired on Day 2 of the program's two-part finale, where audience got to know who between Kree Harrison or Candice Glover wins season twelve.
Dressed in a white mermaid-style gown, Carey sang a medley of her biggest hits from the past two decades, fittingly starting with the hit song that jumpstarted her illustrious career, "Vision of Love" followed by "Make It Happen", "My All", "Hero" and "We Belong Together". She ended her special number with her new single "#Beautiful" but collaborator Miguel wasn't available to duet with her.
However, lending support to Carey during her performance was her fellow "Idol" judge and longtime friend Randy Jackson who played bass for the diva. It just showed that clearly there's no bad blood between the two despite the fact that Carey just recently parted ways with Jackson as her manager.
Jackson did not only say goodbye to Carey as her client but also bid adieu to the franchise that he helped build into one of TV's hit singing competitions. The "Idol" show pioneer, who was there as early as season one with host Ryan Seacrest, has officially announced that this is the last season he will be judging.
More Mariah Carey News
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones