New 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Shows Literally Huge Fight
The new trailer for Guillermo del Toro's "Pacific Rim" has been unleashed and it's an action-packed one. The video capture massive destructions around the world caused by Kaiju, a giant monster which rises from the sea.
"In order to fight monsters, we created monsters of our own," a voiceover says, and the scenes begin showing the giant robots created to fight the monsters. del Toro, known for his impressive use of special effects, presents the epic battle to save humanity with the backdrop of cityscape, creating stunning visuals, but at another time can bring a dramatic effect, including when Idris Elba gives a motivational speech.
The massive robots, called Jaegers, are controlled simultaneously by two pilots whose minds are locked in a neural bridge. But even the Jaegers are proving nearly defenseless in the face of the relentless Kaiju.
On the verge of defeat, the forces defending mankind have no choice but to turn to two unlikely heroes-a washed up former pilot (Charlie Hunnam) and an untested trainee (Rinko Kikuchi)-who are teamed to drive a legendary but seemingly obsolete Jaeger from the past. Together, they stand as mankind's last hope against the mounting apocalypse.
Charlie Day, Clifton Collins Jr., Ron Perlman and more take supporting roles in the action, sci-fi film. It is set to storm out in theaters across the nation on July 12. "I wanted to have a lot of crazy rain, wind, all the drama of an Emily Bronte movie in a high-tech movie," del Toro once said of his vision for the movie.
More Pacific Rim News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences