P. Diddy Spoofs 'Downton Abbey' in Funny or Die Video
When P. Diddy tweeted that he's joining the cast of "Downton Abbey", he actually meant a parody version of the British series. After creating a buzz with his statement which has been debunked by PBS, the rapper's spoof of the hit series makes its way out via Funny or Die.
In the video, the New York-born artist claims he's cast as the first black character on the Julian Fellowes-created series. He introduces himself as Lord Wolcott, the new owner of Downton Abbey. He somehow manages to get inserted into scenes featuring other real characters.
Diddy previously caused confusion when he posted on his Twitter, "MY BIG NEWS: So happy to announce that Im a series regular on DOWNTON ABBEY-my favorite show+i'll be debuting a sneak peek tonight 12am PST!" but PBS claimed, "It's simply not true."
The "Last Night" hitmaker didn't bother to straight things up and it only becomes clear when the parody video is eventually released online.
The real "Downton Abbey" will only return with the fourth season January 5, 2014 on PBS in the U.S.
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift