Jenelle Evans Faces Two Years in Jail If Convicted on Drug Possession Charge
Jenelle Evans showed up in North Carolina court on Tuesday, May 14, for a hearing following her arrest on April 23. Evans' lawyer Dustin Sullivan told Radar Online, "We are waiting for her to be indicted for a felony. If she is convicted the sentencing guidelines could be 25 months maximum."
The lawyer also revealed to Wetpaint Entertainment that the next court session would be held on July 1. "I anticipate that she will be indicted before that court date. No new information was given but that is typical in felony cases still in district court for us," he said.
The "Teen Mom 2" star was arrested in April alongside her husband Courtland Rogers. The police came after receiving a report of domestic dispute. According to TMZ, the police found 12 bindles of heroin in Evans' possession. She also illegally owned Percocet as well as plastic wrapping paper and a glass smoking pipe. In addition, she allegedly hit her husband with a piece of furniture during the altercation.
The police told the site that Rogers was also in possession of heroin with intent to manufacture, sell and distribute. In addition, Rogers allegedly assaulted Evans by "hitting her on the neck and striking her with a closed fist on her head." Both of them reportedly denied the alleged drug possession.
A source said that the 12 bindles of heroin were not Evans'. The source added that Evans did not know they were in the house.
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Finale Title Revealed - Here's How It May Hint at the Plot
- 'Justice League 2' Pushed Back to Make Room for Ben Affleck's 'Batman'
- Alexa PenaVega Gives Birth to First Child With Husband Carlos
- Roger Ailes - Megyn Kelly Harassment Movie Is in the Works
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title