Lady Antebellum Beats 'The Great Gatsby' Soundtrack to the Top of Billboard 200
Country pop music group Lady Antebellum reigns supreme in this week's Billboard 200 album chart with their new album "Golden", arriving at the top spot with 167,000 copies sold. With a safe lead of 30,000 records separating it from the week's runner-up, "Golden" gives the trio their third No. 1 album in the chart, after 2010 LP "Need You Now" and 2011-released "Own the Night".
Although "The Great Gatsby" soundtrack's 137,000 debut wasn't enough to give executive producer Jay-Z the No. 1 spot, it posted much higher sales than the 95,000 estimate originally projected for the star-studded compilation. It actually is the best sales week in over a year for a soundtrack, coming after "The Hunger Games: Songs From District 12 and Beyond" which entered the chart with 175,000.
Taking Justin Timberlake's long-maintained position at No. 3 is the new "Now 46" compilation, debuting in the top ten with 91,000 copies sold. Meanwhile, occupying the fourth spot is Michael Buble's "To Be Loved", down 12% with 84,000 and falling two places down from last week's No. 2 position.
At No. 5 is another debut, the Pistol Annies sophomore album "Annie Up", moving 83,000 copies in its first week in the chart, followed at No. 6 by JT's "The 20/20 Experience", down by 3% with 66,000. The No. 7 spot is filled by the fifth and last debut album in the chart this week, Rod Stewart's "Time", with 52,000, becoming the legendary rocker's highest-charting LP containing all original materials since his 1979 "Blondes Have More Fun".
Rounding up the top ten are last week's top album, Kenny Chesney's "Life on a Rock" falling down to No. 8 with 48,000, posting a staggering 68% decline in sales, followed at No. 9 by Blake Shelton's consistent chart entry "Based on a True Story...", which slides down from No. 6 although its sales went up by 9% with 38,000. Getting the last spot in the top ten despite a 24% increase in records sold with 32,000 is last week's No. 8, Bruno Mars' "Unorthodox Jukebox".
- Lady Antebellum - "Golden" (167,000)
- various artists -"The Great Gatsby Soundtrack" (137,000)
- various artists - "Now 46" (91,000)
- Michael Buble - "To Be Loved" (84,000)
- Pistol Annies - "Annie Up" (83,000)
- Justin Timberlake - "The 20/20 Experience" (66,000)
- Rod Stewart - "Time" (52,000)
- Kenny Chesney - "Life on a Rock" (48,000)
- Blake Shelton -"Based on a True Story..." (38,000)
- Bruno Mars - "Unorthodox Jukebox" (32,000)
More Lady Antebellum News
- Baby Groot Angrily Kills Ravager in New 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Teaser
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Guilty to Disorderly Conduct During Pipeline Protest
- Is Chris Brown's New Sex-Drenched Single 'Privacy' to Tempt Rihanna?
- Christina El Moussa Is Dating NHL Star Nate Thompson Amid Divorce From Tarek
- Hugh Grant Dances to Drake's Song in 'Love Actually' Short Film
- Cher's 'Serious Family Issue' Forces Her to Drop Out of Lifetime's Flint Water Crisis Movie
- 'Game of Thrones': Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Teases Big Jaime-Cersei-Brienne Development in Season 7
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt to Direct R-Rated Musical Comedy Co-Starring Channing Tatum