Natalie Portman and Christian Bale Play Around on Beach in First 'Knight of Cups' Pic
The Hollywood Reporter unveils the first official photo for Terrence Malick's upcoming drama "Knight of Cups". The image features two of many A-list stars that have been attached to join the project. Fans can get to see Natalie Portman and Christian Bale, who each relaxedly strolls down the beach.
The flick is "a story of man, temptations, celebrity and excess" as written by FilmNation. It is only revealed that Bale, known for his portrayal of Bruce Wayne a.k.a. Batman in "Batman Begins", is tapped to take the role of Rick, while Isabel Lucas is introduced as Caroline. The rest remains mystery.
The film also features appearances from Cate Blanchett, Antonio Banderas, Imogen Poots and Freida Pinto, whose role of Latika in "Slumdog Millionaire" made her name rise to stardom. Teresa Palmer, Ryan O'Neal, Jason Clarke, Joel Kinnaman and Shea Whigham are added to the cast ensemble as well.
The site also learns that "Knight of Cups" will be debuted in Cannes festival as Glen Basner of FilmNation shows footage to foreign distributors investing in Malick's latest creation, which is now in post production.
The film marks the first time Portman teams up with Malick. Meanwhile, it is the second time for Bale after starring in "The New World".
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle
- Salazar's Grudge Against Jack Sparrow Is Explained in 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' New TV Spot
- Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez May Need to Postpone Their Wedding Plan. Find Out Why
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke' Cast Dishes on Lady GaGa's Possible Return and More
- Artist of the Week: Jackie Evancho
- Traumatized Kim Kardashian Seeks Therapy After Paris Robbery
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Exchange Sweet Gaze While Leaving Church Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- 'Venom Carnage' Is Listed as Horror Sci-Fi, Production Date Is Revealed