Kelly Rowland Talks About Jealousy of Beyonce Knowles in 'Dirty Laundry'
Kelly Rowland admits she is jealous of her former partner in Destiny's Child, Beyonce Knowles. In her new song she premieres on Wednesday, May 15, "Dirty Laundry", the 32-year-old RnB singer talks about how hard it is to see Beyonce becoming a superstar after the all-girls group split in 2006.
"When my sister was on stage/killing it like a motherf**ker/ I was in rage/ feeling it like a motherf**ker," Kelly confesses. "Went our separate ways but I was happy she was killin' it/ Bittersweet she was up, I was down/ No lie, I feel good for her but what do I do now?"
"Forget the records, off the record/ I was goin' through some bulls**t/ Post-Survivor, she on fire, who wanna hear my bulls**t?" she continues.
In the song, Kelly also opens up about her former abusive relationship. She addresses her ex-boyfriend who was "hitting the window like it was me / And still it shattered. He pulled me out and said 'Don't nobody love you but me / Not your mama / Not your daddy / and especially not Bey.'"
Singing about personal matters is not an easy thing for Kelly. She told Billboard that it took her days to record the "very emotional" song. "I had to get past being so upset and actually sing the song, not sob through it. I always hope that my music can inspire someone, the same way other artists inspire me," she said.
"Dirty Laundry" is the center project of Kelly's fourth solo album, "Talk a Good Game", which will hit stores on June 18.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked