'American Idol' Finale: Candice Glover and Kree Harrison Take Turn Wowing Audience
"American Idol" Top 2 finalists Candice Glover and Kree Harrison sang one last time on Wednesday, May 15 before one of them is picked as the winner. They delivered three songs each: one was picked by the show's creator Simon Fuller, another was what would be their coronation single, and the third was their favorite song from the season.
Kree got Sarah McLachlan's "Angel" from Simon and she made it her own by turning it into a tender country ballad version. Candice followed it up with Adele's "Chasing Pavements" and she showed off her strong vocals in the last half of the performance.
Randy Jackson gave the first round to Candice for bringing new elements to Adele's hit song, but said that neither blew him away. Both songs were "a little sleepy, if I'm being honest," he complained.
Kree performed new song "All Cried Out", an emotional country ballad, in the second round. Candice's potential coronation song is called "I Am Beautiful", an inspirational and empowering track, and she nailed every note of it.
Keith Urban gave the edge to Kree, but Nicki Minaj thought Candice was the winner of round two. Candice indeed sang her song better, although Kree's song may be more commercial.
In the third round, Kree reprised her performance of Patty Griffin's "Up to the Mountain", the same song which Crystal Bowersox sang in season 9 finale. Nicki said it's "so uplifting" as Randy dubbed it "a winning kind of performance." Mariah Carey agreed with Randy, adding that "it's going to be very, very difficult for America tonight."
Candice opted to go with "I (Who Have Nothing)", opening it a cappella and making it more dramatic than her first performance of the song. "You just shot this whole night to a whole 'nother level," Randy exclaimed. Keith chimed in, "That song is like a planet exploding to life."
In between the finalists' performances, Carly Rae Jepsen took the stage to debut new song "Take a Picture", which the audience helped write as a part of a season-long contest sponsored by Coca-Cola.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture