'American Idol' Finale: Candice Glover and Kree Harrison Take Turn Wowing Audience
"American Idol" Top 2 finalists Candice Glover and Kree Harrison sang one last time on Wednesday, May 15 before one of them is picked as the winner. They delivered three songs each: one was picked by the show's creator Simon Fuller, another was what would be their coronation single, and the third was their favorite song from the season.
Kree got Sarah McLachlan's "Angel" from Simon and she made it her own by turning it into a tender country ballad version. Candice followed it up with Adele's "Chasing Pavements" and she showed off her strong vocals in the last half of the performance.
Randy Jackson gave the first round to Candice for bringing new elements to Adele's hit song, but said that neither blew him away. Both songs were "a little sleepy, if I'm being honest," he complained.
Kree performed new song "All Cried Out", an emotional country ballad, in the second round. Candice's potential coronation song is called "I Am Beautiful", an inspirational and empowering track, and she nailed every note of it.
Keith Urban gave the edge to Kree, but Nicki Minaj thought Candice was the winner of round two. Candice indeed sang her song better, although Kree's song may be more commercial.
In the third round, Kree reprised her performance of Patty Griffin's "Up to the Mountain", the same song which Crystal Bowersox sang in season 9 finale. Nicki said it's "so uplifting" as Randy dubbed it "a winning kind of performance." Mariah Carey agreed with Randy, adding that "it's going to be very, very difficult for America tonight."
Candice opted to go with "I (Who Have Nothing)", opening it a cappella and making it more dramatic than her first performance of the song. "You just shot this whole night to a whole 'nother level," Randy exclaimed. Keith chimed in, "That song is like a planet exploding to life."
In between the finalists' performances, Carly Rae Jepsen took the stage to debut new song "Take a Picture", which the audience helped write as a part of a season-long contest sponsored by Coca-Cola.
More American Idol News
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly