Ol' Dirty Bastard and Eazy E to Be Resurrected via Hologram at 2013 Rock the Bells Festival
Wu Tang Clan's founding member Ol' Dirty Bastard already passed away almost a decade ago and N.W.A rapper Eazy E died way back in 1995 but the two hip-hop artists actually lead this year's Rock the Bells music festival. They will be virtually resurrected via holograms on stage appearing together with other real-life performers.
Ol' Dirty Bastard will be reunited with the other surviving members of his legendary rap group while Eazy E will join his proteges Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, whom he collaborated with on the track "Foe tha Love of $". It will be ODB's second time to appear in the hip-hop fest while it will only be the first for Eazy E, who sadly never got to perform in the festival when he was still alive.
Apart from the virtual performances, other top acts joining the event's 10th anniversary line-up include Common, Rakim, Black Hippy, Kid Cudi, Earl Sweatshirt and Tyler, The Creator. The Rock the Bells festival will play out in San Bernardino, California from September 7-8 before moving to Mountain View, California on September 14-15, going next to Washington, D.C. from September 28-29 before finally closing out in Rutherford, New Jersey on October 4-5.
The hologram performances, reportedly agreed upon by ODB's mother Cherry Jones and Eazy E's widow Tomica Wright, follow in the tradition started last year in Coachella when Tupac Shakur was brought back onstage to perform with Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg.
- 'Roseanne' Revival in the Works With Original Main Cast
- Aaron Rodgers Spotted on Date With 'Baywatch' Star Kelly Rohrbach After Olivia Munn Split
- Gwen Stefani Hospitalized Due to Ruptured Ear Drum
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour