Ol' Dirty Bastard and Eazy E to Be Resurrected via Hologram at 2013 Rock the Bells Festival
Wu Tang Clan's founding member Ol' Dirty Bastard already passed away almost a decade ago and N.W.A rapper Eazy E died way back in 1995 but the two hip-hop artists actually lead this year's Rock the Bells music festival. They will be virtually resurrected via holograms on stage appearing together with other real-life performers.
Ol' Dirty Bastard will be reunited with the other surviving members of his legendary rap group while Eazy E will join his proteges Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, whom he collaborated with on the track "Foe tha Love of $". It will be ODB's second time to appear in the hip-hop fest while it will only be the first for Eazy E, who sadly never got to perform in the festival when he was still alive.
Apart from the virtual performances, other top acts joining the event's 10th anniversary line-up include Common, Rakim, Black Hippy, Kid Cudi, Earl Sweatshirt and Tyler, The Creator. The Rock the Bells festival will play out in San Bernardino, California from September 7-8 before moving to Mountain View, California on September 14-15, going next to Washington, D.C. from September 28-29 before finally closing out in Rutherford, New Jersey on October 4-5.
The hologram performances, reportedly agreed upon by ODB's mother Cherry Jones and Eazy E's widow Tomica Wright, follow in the tradition started last year in Coachella when Tupac Shakur was brought back onstage to perform with Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3