Angelina Jolie Reportedly Will Remove Her Ovaries Next
Angelina Jolie has revealed her brave act to undergo double mastectomy. However, her medical challenge is not over yet. PEOPLE reported that the mother of six would have another surgery to remove her ovaries.
Angelina is a carrier of BRCA1 gene and she has 50 percent chance of developing ovarian cancer. As a preventive measure, the surgery is usually carried out when women reach 40 or when they are done having children. Removing the ovaries, however, may trigger early menopause.
In regards to her condition, a source close to her family told the magazine that the "Salt" actress "is doing well" after undergoing double mastectomy in February and reconstructive surgery in April. The 37-year-old mother and her fiance Brad Pitt have been trying to maintain regular activities at home. According to the source, "life was normal" for their six children around the time of surgery.
Another insider added, "Her kids always come first to her." The family carried out normal activities such as exchanging gifts on Valentine's Day and doing Easter egg hunt while Angelina was under treatment.
Earlier this week, Angelina revealed in an op-ed featured in New York Times that she had 87 percent of developing breast cancer and went under the knife to cut the risk. "I can tell my children that they don't need to fear they will lose me to breast cancer," she wrote. Angelina lost her mother Marcheline Bertrand, who passed away at the age of 56, because of ovarian cancer.
More Angelina Jolie News
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny