Angelina Jolie Reportedly Will Remove Her Ovaries Next
Angelina Jolie has revealed her brave act to undergo double mastectomy. However, her medical challenge is not over yet. PEOPLE reported that the mother of six would have another surgery to remove her ovaries.
Angelina is a carrier of BRCA1 gene and she has 50 percent chance of developing ovarian cancer. As a preventive measure, the surgery is usually carried out when women reach 40 or when they are done having children. Removing the ovaries, however, may trigger early menopause.
In regards to her condition, a source close to her family told the magazine that the "Salt" actress "is doing well" after undergoing double mastectomy in February and reconstructive surgery in April. The 37-year-old mother and her fiance Brad Pitt have been trying to maintain regular activities at home. According to the source, "life was normal" for their six children around the time of surgery.
Another insider added, "Her kids always come first to her." The family carried out normal activities such as exchanging gifts on Valentine's Day and doing Easter egg hunt while Angelina was under treatment.
Earlier this week, Angelina revealed in an op-ed featured in New York Times that she had 87 percent of developing breast cancer and went under the knife to cut the risk. "I can tell my children that they don't need to fear they will lose me to breast cancer," she wrote. Angelina lost her mother Marcheline Bertrand, who passed away at the age of 56, because of ovarian cancer.
More Angelina Jolie News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris