Chris Brown to Sample Aaliyah's Vocals on 'They Don't Know'
During the BET Awards press conference on Tuesday, confirmed musical performer Chris Brown took the opportunity to reveal that his follow-up single to "Fine China" entitled "They Don't Know" is soon coming out. The new track, which will appear on the 24-year-old performer's forthcoming sixth album "X" due to be released on July 16, will feature never-before-heard vocals from the late R'n'B songstress Aaliyah.
"I got something special for my fans. It's called 'They Don't Know'," said Brown. "All new stuff that's never been heard before. It's something special for all my fans." Apart from Aaliyah, other top acts collaborating with Brown on his new record include MTV Hottest MC Kendrick Lamar and "American Idol" judge Nicki Minaj with Timbaland, Polow Da Don, Danja, Pharrell Williams, and Drumma Boy providing the production.
Just over the weekend, Brown had already shot the video for the new single, going over to 60th street and Cedar Block in Los Angeles for the footage. "I shot it in the hood," Breezy disclosed. "I wanted to bring both worlds together in the video and try to uplift the positive side of the community. I mean I come from Virginia, but everyone come from a broken home or broke. I remember when I was."
The late '90s R'n'B icon has been and is continually being memorialized years after her tragic death back in 2001 at the young age of 22, after the plane that she boarded along with her crew that was supposed to take them back to the U.S. from the Bahamas crashed just shortly after take-off. Brown's rival Drake was first to use an Aaliyah sample on his track "Enough Said" released last year.
More Chris Brown News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences