Shakira Confirms She's Not Returning to 'The Voice' Season 5
Following rumors that Shakira will exit "The Voice" after only one season, the Colombian singer has confirmed that she's indeed leaving the show after the end of this season. Asked by Access Hollywood if she would return for the show's fifth installment, she said after the Tuesday elimination show, "Not for next season, for sure."
"I have to get back to my baby - give him some love and dedicate some time to him and also to my new album that I'm working on," she shared what she planned on doing during her time off from the reality singing competition series. The "Hips Don't Lie" songstress, however, didn't rule out the possibility of her returning to the NBC show in the future, saying, "You never know, maybe in the future."
Report of Shakira's departure first came out as it has been rumored that Christina Aguilera will return to "The Voice" next season. While Xtina has allegedly signed a $12 million deal, former coach Cee-Lo Green is reportedly still in "advanced negotiations" to return as well.
Shakira just lost one of her three proteges on Tuesday, May 14's elimination show. Rocker Garrett Gardner was sent packing along with Vedo of Team Usher, leaving them with only two singers remaining.
More The Voice News
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt