Shakira Confirms She's Not Returning to 'The Voice' Season 5
Following rumors that Shakira will exit "The Voice" after only one season, the Colombian singer has confirmed that she's indeed leaving the show after the end of this season. Asked by Access Hollywood if she would return for the show's fifth installment, she said after the Tuesday elimination show, "Not for next season, for sure."
"I have to get back to my baby - give him some love and dedicate some time to him and also to my new album that I'm working on," she shared what she planned on doing during her time off from the reality singing competition series. The "Hips Don't Lie" songstress, however, didn't rule out the possibility of her returning to the NBC show in the future, saying, "You never know, maybe in the future."
Report of Shakira's departure first came out as it has been rumored that Christina Aguilera will return to "The Voice" next season. While Xtina has allegedly signed a $12 million deal, former coach Cee-Lo Green is reportedly still in "advanced negotiations" to return as well.
Shakira just lost one of her three proteges on Tuesday, May 14's elimination show. Rocker Garrett Gardner was sent packing along with Vedo of Team Usher, leaving them with only two singers remaining.
More The Voice News
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease
- CL's Boobs Almost Pop Out of Her Plunging Black Dress at Chanel Exhibition
- 'Venom' to Feature Carnage as Its Main Villain
- Christina Perri Announces Engagement to Boyfriend Paul Costabile - See the Beautiful Ring!
- Is Kendall Jenner Feuding With Victoria's Secret Models?
- New 'Blade Runner 2049' Featurette Brings Harrison Ford Home, Hints at Uninvited Guest