Chris Pine and Jake Gyllenhaal Might Land Their First Singing Roles in 'Into the Woods'
Walt Disney Pictures tries to land other A-list actors in its upcoming musical "Into the Woods". Already securing Johnny Depp and Meryl Streep, the studio is currently in discussions with Chris Pine and Jake Gyllenhaal to have both actors on board its adaptation of Stephen Sondheim's Broadway hit of the same title.
First breaking the news, The Hollywood Reporter reports that Pine and Gyllenhaal have personally met director Rob Marshall and even showed off their singing talents in front of him for their respective roles. If all deals are eventually closed, the flick will mark the first time both actors are signed on for on-screen singing roles.
The musical is a tale of a childless baker and his wife who attempt to lift a family curse by journeying into the woods to confront the witch that put the spell on them. Along the way, they will encounter classic fairytale characters, including Rapunzel, Little Red Riding Hood and Cinderella.
Streep and Depp will play the villainous Witch and the Wolf respectively. Meanwhile, recently-added James Corden is tapped to be the baker.
Previously composing music for 2002's "Chicago", David Krane is on board the project to arrange Sondheim's original music. James Lapine serves as the film's scribe while John DeLuca is to produce the pic, which does not have its start date yet.
- Sibling Rivalry What? Khloe Kardashian Calls Kim Her 'Body Motivation'
- Robin Thicke, Pharrell and T.I. Officially Appeal 'Blurred Lines' Copyright Verdict
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Bra During Casual Stroll While Kylie Flaunts Major Cleavage
- Demi Moore Joins Cast of R-Rated Comedy 'Rock That Body'
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are in No Rush to Walk Down the Aisle
- Singer Babyface Joins 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Usher Confirms New Album 'Hard II Love' Is Due Out Next Month
- Gisele Bundchen Gets Shirtless Assistant Taking Care of Her Booty During Photo Shoot