Penelope Cruz's Actress Sister Monica Gave Birth to a Baby Girl
Penelope Cruz is officially an aunt. Her sister, actress Monica Cruz, has welcomed a daughter Tuesday, May 14 at the International Ruber Clinic in Madrid, Hola magazine reports.
The "Vicky Cristina Barcelona" actress was by her sister's side when she went into labor. Their mother, Encarna, and brother, Eduardo Cruz, also paid a visit to give their support.
Monica, 36, announced her pregnancy in January. She decided to be a single mother by turning into an anonymous sperm donor out of fear that it would "too late for motherhood" by the time she found her perfect partner.
"I am going to be a mother! I have managed to fulfill the dream of a lifetime," she blogged. "To become pregnant, I turned to artificial insemination...I want to tell, also, so I can have the opportunity to show my thanks to all those anonymous men that give many women like me, the dream of their lives."
Penelope herself is already a mother to 2-year-old son Leonardo Encinas with husband Javier Bardem. In 2011 while Penelope was pregnant with her first child, Monica stepped in as Penelope's double in "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides".
Penelope is now expecting her second child.
More Penelope Cruz News
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up
- Steve Harvey Announces Daughter's Engagement Amid Career Mess
- 'The Walking Dead': Negan Will Be Missing Several Episodes of Season 8
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Make a Pact to Stay Civil for the Kids
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 14 Continues With New York Auditions
- Kelly Osbourne Pees Herself After Denied Entry to Starbucks