Flock of Birds Dances Samba in First 'Rio 2' Teaser Trailer
Blue Sky Studios builds fans' anticipation for its upcoming animated film "Rio 2" with the release of teaser trailer via The Sun. Kicking off in festive mood, the video features Blu and friends doing a celebratory dance with the accompaniment of samba music. Without much explanation, the teaser confirms the return of original voice stars, including Jesse Eisenberg and Anne Hathaway.
The sequel to 2011's "Rio" centers on Blu, Jewel and their three kids living the perfect domesticated life in that magical city. When Jewel decides the kids need to learn to live like real birds, she insists the family venture into the Amazon. As Blu tries to fit in with his new neighbors, he worries he may lose Jewel and the kids to the call of the wild.
The cast ensemble for the family-friendly film will also see the arrival of newcomers. Andy Garcia and Kristin Chenoweth are attached to lend their voices for the pic. NBC news anchor Natalie Morales is also on board, with "The X Factor (US)" season one finalist Rachel Crow and Bruno Mars joining her in unspecified roles.
Directed and co-written by Carlos Saldanha, the upcoming flick will feature original music by Janelle Monae, who is also added as one of the film's voice actresses. "Rio 2" is set for an April 14, 2014 release in the United States.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy