Rep: Jaden Smith Emancipating From Parents Report 'Isn't Real'
Contrary to report saying that his son Jaden Smith wants to be emancipated from his parents, Will Smith has confirmed via a representative that his teenage son is not leaving their home in the near future. "This isn't real," the representative told Gossip Cop in regards to the rumor.
Previously, U.K.'s news outlet The Sun claimed that Jaden wanted to live independently in "a home of his own" after his 15th birthday on July 8. Will allegedly commented on his boy's request, "If kids just want to have command of their lives, I understand."
In a recent interview with Metro, Smith revealed that he and his wife Jada Pinkett Smith were not strict as parents and did not "do punishment" at home. "The way that we deal with our kids is, they are responsible for their lives. Our concept is, as young as possible, give them as much control over their lives as possible," he told the site.
Smith added, "You can do anything you want as long as you can explain to me why that was the right thing to do for your life." Jaden commented that his parents' method of upbringing worked "pretty well."
Smith and Jaden, who are apparently close as parent and child, have starred in three movies together. Their latest project, M. Night Shyamalan's "After Earth", is a sci-fi movie which tells the story of Kitai Raige and his father Cypher who crash land on earth, 1000 years after cataclysmic events which force people to leave. The movie will unveil Kitai's attempts to get help for his severely injured father. "After Earth" will hit U.S.' theaters on May 31.
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake