Rep: Jaden Smith Emancipating From Parents Report 'Isn't Real'
Contrary to report saying that his son Jaden Smith wants to be emancipated from his parents, Will Smith has confirmed via a representative that his teenage son is not leaving their home in the near future. "This isn't real," the representative told Gossip Cop in regards to the rumor.
Previously, U.K.'s news outlet The Sun claimed that Jaden wanted to live independently in "a home of his own" after his 15th birthday on July 8. Will allegedly commented on his boy's request, "If kids just want to have command of their lives, I understand."
In a recent interview with Metro, Smith revealed that he and his wife Jada Pinkett Smith were not strict as parents and did not "do punishment" at home. "The way that we deal with our kids is, they are responsible for their lives. Our concept is, as young as possible, give them as much control over their lives as possible," he told the site.
Smith added, "You can do anything you want as long as you can explain to me why that was the right thing to do for your life." Jaden commented that his parents' method of upbringing worked "pretty well."
Smith and Jaden, who are apparently close as parent and child, have starred in three movies together. Their latest project, M. Night Shyamalan's "After Earth", is a sci-fi movie which tells the story of Kitai Raige and his father Cypher who crash land on earth, 1000 years after cataclysmic events which force people to leave. The movie will unveil Kitai's attempts to get help for his severely injured father. "After Earth" will hit U.S.' theaters on May 31.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen