Rep: Jaden Smith Emancipating From Parents Report 'Isn't Real'
Contrary to report saying that his son Jaden Smith wants to be emancipated from his parents, Will Smith has confirmed via a representative that his teenage son is not leaving their home in the near future. "This isn't real," the representative told Gossip Cop in regards to the rumor.
Previously, U.K.'s news outlet The Sun claimed that Jaden wanted to live independently in "a home of his own" after his 15th birthday on July 8. Will allegedly commented on his boy's request, "If kids just want to have command of their lives, I understand."
In a recent interview with Metro, Smith revealed that he and his wife Jada Pinkett Smith were not strict as parents and did not "do punishment" at home. "The way that we deal with our kids is, they are responsible for their lives. Our concept is, as young as possible, give them as much control over their lives as possible," he told the site.
Smith added, "You can do anything you want as long as you can explain to me why that was the right thing to do for your life." Jaden commented that his parents' method of upbringing worked "pretty well."
Smith and Jaden, who are apparently close as parent and child, have starred in three movies together. Their latest project, M. Night Shyamalan's "After Earth", is a sci-fi movie which tells the story of Kitai Raige and his father Cypher who crash land on earth, 1000 years after cataclysmic events which force people to leave. The movie will unveil Kitai's attempts to get help for his severely injured father. "After Earth" will hit U.S.' theaters on May 31.
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes